Dunfermline Athletic vs Dundee United

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Lancashirearab said:

You sound upset.

I was correct.

Congrats.  For me, Dundee utd looked better organized from the off.  We had possession and a fair few corners, but didn't cause much problems.  A different ref may have stopped some of the cynical sh*te, but Dundee Utd deserved to win.  It was like watching an experienced team play a bunch of newbies.  

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Bit of a wake up call to certain Dunfermline fans who are getting carried away. This is a hard league there will be ups and downs through the season. 

Mainly downs for the Pars now that the bubble has burst.

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Bit of a wake up call to certain Dunfermline fans who are getting carried away. This is a hard league there will be ups and downs through the season. 

4 teams within 3 points at the top.

Queens and Morton can beat everyone.  Falkirk can't be the sh*te all season.  ICT must hit form at some time. 

Best division in the league.

Brilliant result. Despite the fear of Flood playing right back I thought he and the entire defence did very well for 90% of that game. We definitely deserved the win and could have maybe made it worse if McKinnon was willing to stretch the game even more rather than reverting to a 4231.

First half was fairly even despite the goals from us. Second half I thought Dunfermline were absolutely awful.

I was correct.

Congrats.  For me, Dundee utd looked better organized from the off.  We had possession and a fair few corners, but didn't cause much problems.  A different ref may have stopped some of the cynical sh*te, but Dundee Utd deserved to win.  It was like watching an experienced team play a bunch of newbies.  

About to post exactly the same thing. Both sides didn't play much football. Ref very inconsistent for bookings and I thought that both fouls for the first and third goals were very soft. United very impressive defence and know exactly when to kick us or fall down. Like last season against them I come away wondering how we got beat by such a margin. United were the better side though and the finish for the third was deserving of winning it.
For us I would like to see us try another formation and be more streetwise. Also smith should start every week. Fantastic again.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

About to post exactly the same thing. Both sides didn't play much football. Ref very inconsistent for bookings and I thought that both fouls for the first and third goals were very soft. United very impressive defence and know exactly when to kick us or fall down. Like last season against them I come away wondering how we got beat by such a margin. United were the better side though and the finish for the third was deserving of winning it.
For us I would like to see us try another formation and be more streetwise. Also smith should start every week. Fantastic again.

Smith, Smith, Smith, Smith, Smith.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.  He's good enough.

A very strange game this one. Two poor teams going by that first half, with passes going astray all over the place and moves breaking down before they had a chance to develop and some strange refereeing decisions when it came to deciding how many "final warnings" some folk were getting or whether to book players after playing an advantage. That United were 2-0 up was flattering - the first was from a mistake then a soft save, the second was a very soft foul then it looked offside - but we were poor. We improved slightly in the second half but the third - a cracking strike that came out of nothing - killed the game and after that it was a training exercise. I've heard from a fee United fans that they were as good to today as they've been this season and we were certainly as poor as we were at Livingston or in the second half at Morton but the top 4 will all lose points from lots of different places I reckon. It'll be an interesting league and I wouldn't be surprised to see United's strength of squad see then top the pile come May.

What? :lol:

for some reason, we didn't test their LB and Rb who were the only weak points in the Unt team IMO weeks before Williamson Higgy and Hoppy have been tearing down the flanks but didn't do it as much today. Unt fans, are you usually an on the break team? Because I don't think either team played very good football and part of that was down to the Pars enjoying playing on the break but we didn't get much of a chance to play like that today. Smith and Talbot were decent enough today thought the ref was at it today but we didn't create anything today

Archived