Dunfermline Athletic vs Dundee United

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

We had fans queuing from 2.45 who did not get in till 3.20. Falkirk fans had the same problem. East End Park at this moment is a shambles. Two gates four turnstiles. 

Hope it totally ruined your day, combined with the utter pumping your team got on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Hope it totally ruined your day, combined with the utter pumping your team got on the pitch. 

If honest that comment is childish yes you pumped us , yes you hammered us , yes we were utter shite, yes Dunfermline were very good. That has nothing to do with the utter shambles getting into your stadium  which Falkirk fans experienced also. Shocking experience ever experienced into any stadium clearly not fit for championship more leauge 2 where you came up from. 

11 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

abr.gif

You dont get it do you. This has nothing to do with whats on the park if it was you are clearly the winner.  This has to do with paying fans getting into your stadium which is utterly shocking.  If i was a Dunfermline fan i would want this fixed rather than see as a personal attack which says plenty about you. 

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is it Brian's company? Or one of the new directors that look a lot like Calderwood, I forgot the name? If so, no shock.

Before it (there's a thread about the supporter council and all the posts from Thursday early evening to Friday morning have gone) vanished it said the same company has systems in place at a couple of other Championship grounds. I seem to remember the plastic season ticket thing being his baby and this system must be linked to it. He must know where the bodies are buried. Technology for the sake of it. 

14 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Before it (there's a thread about the supporter council and all the posts from Thursday early evening to Friday morning have gone) vanished it said the same company has systems in place at a couple of other Championship grounds. I seem to remember the plastic season ticket thing being his baby and this system must be linked to it. He must know where the bodies are buried. Technology for the sake of it. 

To be fair you can suffer teething problems with these ticketing system's.  My understanding is Dunfermline and St Mirren had constructive talks. If Dunfermline send out tickets to away clubs it will go a long way to solving the problem. East End Park is a good stadium for watching football. 

I know he probably does stuff voluntarily but really should this guy (brian) be involved in any way with our club? The cover up work he did for masterton and the uproar and fallout between fans that resulted from it is enough alone for him to be questioned. From what I can tell the parstv is shite also and breaks down all the time.
Need a new fans site and media channel imho.

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No it hasn't. It's all in the live updates thread as before.

Cheers, this bit lifted from that site touches on @Demented Zebra 's worries:

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1645221&t=1645221 

Turnstyles :

Billy Braisby:

We just didnt decide at the end of the season - 25th November 2016 - to start initial discussions with Ticketmaster. Exploring the possibilities. Went through earlier this year with different suppliers, Interstadia, we had used before for many many years.

Access control system - panels, phsyical mechanical work to the 

1st June - grant
22nd June - grant approved
Interstadia - subject to first home game 
23rd June then 
14th July - all works completed
3rd August - confirming 
a forest trail of emails and communications with Interstadia has been unbelievable.

Saturday v St Mirren - before every home game we have the safety officers, St Mirren ping an email through - 600 - so we catered for this, we never sent them tickets through prior to the game. Could have coped with 600, 1400 turned up. Dundee United next week - they have presold tickets. 

One of the interesting statistics - going through 83 people per minute. St Mirren who use the exactly same system - 157 people per minute through the turnstyle. We have to get used to it, better guidance, more stewards - will be in place for the Dundee United game.

1505 - we knew exactly how many people were in the stadium.

34 season tickets rejected - 2/3 faulty cards, issues with software, guys are working on it, ticket going in and out with their cards, learning curve for everyone, is it going to be better? is it going to be 100? no. We have to learn. 

Morton have also had a hell of a problem with their system too - with Interstadia. 

All we are asking for next week is patience. Interstadia and Ticketmaster - all experts - come and tell us that only 4 turnstyles are enough. The handheld card readers didnt work last weekend. Matthew has been on the sharp end - issue is not with Matthew but with Interstadia. All I can keep doing is keep pressure on them.

Archived