The wee Rovers v Big Rovers

Bobby Barr's swear words aside, that was a dreadful performance from us.

As much as Graeme Smith was an absolute disaster zone at the first, the second was also poor.

The finish was excellent, and Connor Shields looks quite the prospect, but the Rovers midfield gave room to everyone involved in the move from start to finish.

As a general rule of thumb, we probably had three players that are too good for this level based on this season's performances. Ross Callachan, Kyle Benedictus and Lewis Vaughan, and only one is now available.

I'd be be pleasantly surprised if Saturday's XI could win this division, but I'm not so sure. The midfield was a complete non-event.

Fingers crossed we play our first choice eleven next week so we can register some more injuries.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Barr get sold to Livingston before he went to Brechin?

Always been a wee ned with a Junior football attitude but what a right peg. If he chose to play with a strip of gaffer tape over his mouth he'd be in the Premier league by now.

I really couldn't give a f**k about his attitude towards the fans as long as he turns in excellent performances more often than not.

He's been our second best player this season by a fair distance so even suggesting getting rid because of his mouth would be utterly ridiculous.

We get rid of him then what? We replace him of a similar quality to Herron or Smith..?

Our 4 main attacking options is Vaughan who's been extremely ball greedy the last 2 games.

An extremely lazy Buchanan who has turned in below par performances most weeks.

Spence who does a lot of running but nothing else really.

You could argue that Barr may be our most dangerous player. So who gives a f**k about his mouth :lol:

Here, what an odd assortment of stewards Albion have. In the away end we had an oompa loompa with purple lipstick, and a tall guy with long hair who looked he'd been transported from the 80's

Was a cracking lookalike for Joe Dirt haha

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

At least nobody is overreacting to one narrow defeat.

Needs more IMHO.

Smith out. Vaughan needs dropped as well. 2 games without scoring? May as well just give the trophy to Ayr now. Shocking. 

Didn't Barr get sold to Livingston before he went to Brechin?
Always been a wee ned with a Junior football attitude but what a right peg. If he chose to play with a strip of gaffer tape over his mouth he'd be in the Premier league by now.

Your right he went on loan to brechin, sold to livi then moved to brechin

I was right in front of the BB incident, pretty pathetic stuff from Barr, who I actually didn't know was playing until then !  Shame as the kid in question was from the Rovers under 11s team and wasn't the normal ball boy... the normal one would have given him a right hook ! ha ha ...  talking about the ball boys - cracking footage and commentary from the kids behind the goal... 

" I want number 9 to get it... Shoot.... YAS ! ! GIUY ! " Magic. ha ha ! 

Connor

Archived