The wee Rovers v Big Rovers

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

What a buzz it is being 46! Friday and the best I have to look forward to at the weekend is a trip to see Rovers v Rovers in Coatbridge at the second worst league ground in Scotland. What a time to be alive!

That's true, seems it's a bad time to be dead these days.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, BIGQ FAE KDY said:

Can any albion rovers fans tell me what the st.andrews bar is like its down near sunnyside station and how far is it to the ground.Cheers

Best pub in Coatbridge but is a proper pub i.e. no grub other than crisps and nuts. It's about a 20 min stagger to the ground up the Main St.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, never been to Cliftonhill before, so there’s that and it being one to tick off the list. But mainly due to I missed last weekends home match. Train from Kdy at 9:45am.

Doesn’t look good for us again at the back, fully expecting Robbo to play alongside Davo at centre half, needing another motm performance from Davo. I see goals, 2-1 away win, think this will be a hard fought game.

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Any more on who the further two doubtful players are? With any luck (?) it’ll be strikers, as that’s the only area we have any real cover.

squad of 30, and you are struggling ? http://www.raithrovers.net/players

you should try ours ! last count was 20 which includes 5 kids.

3 minutes ago, teekasule said:

squad of 30, and you are struggling ? http://www.raithrovers.net/players

you should try ours ! last count was 20 which includes 5 kids.

Only about 16 of those players have any first team experience. We're automatically missing Cuthbert (first choice), Lennox (second choice) , McHattie (first choice) and Benedictus (first choice, captain)  with long term first team experience. Pretty much every player in a white shirt there is a development squad player, as well as Jonny Court.

Defensively we've been fielding Scott Robertson at the back alongside Iain Davidson. Wouldn't surprise me if Herron was injured, as he seemed to be struggling towards the end against Airdrie.

15 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Any ideas who?

No

Guessing Robertson solely on him pulling up last week holding his hamstring as last poster said.Spence going off last week may have been injury related.Herron,played a few games and never been injured yet so a possibility :lol:

All guesswork 

Probably neither of these and we,ll end up with a fully fit squad

Things could be a lot better if clubs gave more consideration to away supporters.  Central Park wasnt too bad when we were allowed onto the high terracing opposite the stand before herding us into that corner. The same at Berwick, which is a similar ground. At the Recs how often have Rovers fans been squeezed long the low terracing with a poor view while the high terracing behind the East goal is populated by a dozen home fans. I accept the criticism that the corner of our old stand is not the greatest place to watch a match from either, tho far from the worst.  Even at Parkhead we were shunted into a low level corner with a pathetic view of the game.  I dont go to games now at Central Park, Alloa or Parkhead for these reasons. I notice that Ayr fans were also complaining about their positioning at Hampden on Saturday, and . Clubs should realise that  away fans are actually paying customers rather than inconveniences to be dumped in the nearest handy corner of their ground.

Ala the shitty corner of the main stand at Starks park.

Archived