Malaga

Heart of Northern

Amazing city. First time I've been and will be back.

Gorgeous food. The architecture is stunning. The place is steeped in history.

Still beautiful weather in September.

Me and my GF have loved just wandering the wee streets and picking up wee bits to eat here and there. Some of the tapas have been incredible.

Highlights food wise have been fish(Hake) at the Mercado with a beer at lunchtime. Bustling market that's an assault on the senses.

My favourite tapas bar was Bar Orellana.

4 tapas and 4 drinks were €15 so not expensive.

Picasso museum today and the Roman amphitheatre.

8a7f7b410cb198ae12ace32485d1cfdc.jpg

9535766466214bbeb466e097b9711d61.jpg

Last photo is from rooftop terrace of a budget hotel that's open to non residents.

As you can tell I'm rather taken by the place [emoji5]

If you've never been then I'd say go for it.

Was there last summer with the family. Beautiful city. One of the highlights of the trip was a lazy evening of tapas and and beers down by the harbour while a cheesy Spanish trio played covers of tunes like Alan Parsons Project's Eye in the Sky and The Doobie Brothers Long Train Running. Went to Picasso Museum, Pompidou Centre and took a long walk out along the beach to the Russian Museum and the Automobile Museum, which are side by side, and are both excellent - a really enjoyable afternoon. 

Will definitely be back. Great place. 

Was there last summer with the family. Beautiful city. One of the highlights of the trip was a lazy evening of tapas and and beers down by the harbour while a cheesy Spanish trio played covers of tunes like Alan Parsons Project's Eye in the Sky and The Doobie Brothers Long Train Running. Went to Picasso Museum, Pompidou Centre and took a long walk out along the beach to the Russian Museum and the Automobile Museum, which are side by side, and are both excellent - a really enjoyable afternoon. 
Will definitely be back. Great place. 

Was down by the Pompidou/harbor area Thursday. Lovely part as well. But our apt is really central. So we keep coming back and wandering the tiny wee lanes finding mad wee bars.
Found out I love oxtail done many different ways[emoji4]

2 hours ago, Heart of Northern said:

Was down by the Pompidou/harbor area Thursday. Lovely part as well. But our apt is really central. So we keep coming back and wandering the tiny wee lanes finding mad wee bars.
Found out I love oxtail done many different waysemoji4.png

Sounds great, I've always thought Malaga would like a big Costa del Sol resort overrun with tourists but it sounds like a proper Spanish city. How much was your apartment by the way? Might book if for the Spring.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sounds great, I've always thought Malaga would like a big Costa del Sol resort overrun with tourists but it sounds like a proper Spanish city. How much was your apartment by the way? Might book if for the Spring.

Malaga airport is a hub for that sort of thing, but most of them bypass the city altogether.  

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Malaga airport is a hub for that sort of thing, but most of them bypass the city altogether.  

Bit like a bigger version of Faro then. Even Palma in Majorca has normal Spanish city feel. Just had the impression that Malaga was full of cockney gangsters and Arab arms dealers. 

On 23/9/2017 at 10:39, Heart of Northern said:

Amazing city. First time I've been and will be back.

Gorgeous food. The architecture is stunning. The place is steeped in history.

Still beautiful weather in September.

Me and my GF have loved just wandering the wee streets and picking up wee bits to eat here and there. Some of the tapas have been incredible.

Highlights food wise have been fish(Hake) at the Mercado with a beer at lunchtime. Bustling market that's an assault on the senses.

My favourite tapas bar was Bar Orellana.

4 tapas and 4 drinks were €15 so not expensive.

Picasso museum today and the Roman amphitheatre.

8a7f7b410cb198ae12ace32485d1cfdc.jpg

9535766466214bbeb466e097b9711d61.jpg

Last photo is from rooftop terrace of a budget hotel that's open to non residents.

As you can tell I'm rather taken by the place emoji5.png

If you've never been then I'd say go for it.

Do the Bobby Moores still hang about up at the football park?

Our apt was £54 per night.

Total bargain

Rooftop terrace as well

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/1306836?guests=1&ref_device_id=6d402c535aac1dfc&s=12&user_id=78167351

Gets booked up rapid though

c3fce747bb66767bef14675ea15331eb.jpg

View from the terrace. @welshbairn

6 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

Our apt was £54 per night.

Total bargain

Rooftop terrace as well

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/1306836?guests=1&ref_device_id=6d402c535aac1dfc&s=12&user_id=78167351

Gets booked up rapid though

c3fce747bb66767bef14675ea15331eb.jpg

View from the terrace. @welshbairn

Was the terrace private or did you have to share with other apartments?

Every time I go I really enjoy getting off the Ryanair flight and seeing everyone from the plane on the other side of the platform at the train station going the other way.

I love Malaga. The food is incredible and there is always new places popping up. I go every year due to family connections there.

27 minutes ago, cal234ey said:

Every time I go I really enjoy getting off the Ryanair flight and seeing everyone from the plane on the other side of the platform at the train station going the other way.

I love Malaga. The food is incredible and there is always new places popping up. I go every year due to family connections there.

All booked up for April. :thumsup2 Weather usually ok then? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived