Games off 23rd Sep

ex-german exile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But why?

From what I've heard their manager quit after last weekend. Combine that with being a struggling team and only being able to field signed players probably explains it.

That all being said, I'd hope my club would still be able to field a team in those circumstances, given the away tie was 3 miles away and not up north.

That is my understanding too. And my understanding of the fixtures vote at the AGM was that we would be given fixtures to the end of December by the end of August, yet here we are almost at the end of September and the fixtures only go to November. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what the agreed proposal was, could anybody clarify ?

The proposal that was voted in by a landslide at the A.G.M. was to have fixtures until the end of December by now...and we still don't. No idea why that is, but it's very frustrating given the work that went in by a large number of clubs & people.

For the festive games, as far as I understand the 25th & 26th December and 1st & 2nd January are the only dates there will be no fixtures categorically. The others are open to being issued fixtures or not, same as any other weekend in the year. Would like to see games on the 23rd & 30th though.

5 hours ago, glensmad said:

Yet for some reason I'm hearing that there will be no West Region fixtures on 23rd and 30th December, which I find baffling.

I'm told that this was announced by SR at the last West Region management meeting on Tuesday 12th September

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Is that not against the constitution too? Thought it specified that 24/25/26th Dec and 31st Dec/1st and 2nd January were the only dates left blank?

Not exactly.

General Rule #23. "Clubs shall play fixtures as arranged by the Regional Secretary. Clubs shall not however be compelled to play West Region fixtures on: Saturdays falling 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st December - and also 1st and 2nd January"

It doesn't say that fixtures on other dates must be scheduled , but why has he chosen not to?

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

That is my understanding too. And my understanding of the fixtures vote at the AGM was that we would be given fixtures to the end of December by the end of August, yet here we are almost at the end of September and the fixtures only go to November. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what the agreed proposal was, could anybody clarify ?

It's more than an agreed proposal, it's part of the West Region Constitution and Rules.

General Rule #23 (b) adds: "For Season 2017/18 the Regional Secretary shall produce a fixture list, by no later than 31st August for the period October to December ...."

So, unless there are to be NO fixtures in December, the RS  is in breach of the constitution and is defying the will of a large majority of the clubs.

Why is he doing this? Why the phantom fixtures for 28th October? And what are the clubs going to do about it?

No point in moaning about fixtures secretary , clubs had the chance to get him out but for some strange reason the majority voted him back in ,
Will be interesting to see what action is taken against him for failing to provide fixture list till end of December? Sackable offence? Or will his backers save his arse again....

I'm curious as to why there are no fixtures being scheduled for 23rd and 30th December. Can anybody clarify ? It's quite bizarre when you add in the blank Saturday on 14th October for the tournament that nobody's interested in, yet we're trying to avoid fixture congestion from mid April onwards ?

No point in moaning about fixtures secretary , clubs had the chance to get him out but for some strange reason the majority voted him back in ,
Will be interesting to see what action is taken against him for failing to provide fixture list till end of December? Sackable offence? Or will his backers save his arse again....

This for sure , the clubs who voted him back in should be ashamed of themselves , I include my own club if they did , guys makes a joke of our grade , I know at least one fan of ours who could do the job blind folded .

On 9/23/2017 at 11:15, archieb said:

Not so.

The Clydebank fixture on 7th October IS back on, but the published game vs Talbot on the 28th is (like all the others on that date) a phantom fixture conjured out of SR's demented brain, as on 28th October almost all West Region clubs will be involved in Round 2 of the Junior Cup.

A similar fate will quite possibly befall the Cumnock game on 25th November (due to R3 of the Junior Cup) so apart from that game vs Bankies, Pollok have no guarantee of a home fixture until (maybe) December  .... and of course  Mr Grumpy still hasn't published December fixtures as the constitution now stipulates that he should have!

My apologies!

I'm curious as to why there are no fixtures being scheduled for 23rd and 30th December. Can anybody clarify ? It's quite bizarre when you add in the blank Saturday on 14th October for the tournament that nobody's interested in, yet we're trying to avoid fixture congestion from mid April onwards ?

Standard Juniors fixture shambles. Same every year. Never changes.

Standard Juniors fixture shambles. Same every year. Never changes.

It should have changed though. At the AGM the clubs voted on a new fixture structure, and voted on a person to implement it. That new structure hasn't been fully implemented to what the clubs voted for so far, it has fallen at the first hurdle. Now we're hearing that no fixtures will be set for 23rd & 30th December, which is not something which the clubs have requested, unless somebody can prove me wrong ?

It should have changed though. At the AGM the clubs voted on a new fixture structure, and voted on a person to implement it. That new structure hasn't been fully implemented to what the clubs voted for so far, it has fallen at the first hurdle. Now we're hearing that no fixtures will be set for 23rd & 30th December, which is not something which the clubs have requested, unless somebody can prove me wrong ?

The wrong person to implement it unfortunately

The wrong person to implement it unfortunately

The person that was voted in to the position put himself forward for election, knowing the expectations that the clubs voted for in terms of the new fixtures agreement. If every rule in the constitution was just disregarded then the whole association would collapse.

The person that was voted in to the position put himself forward for election, knowing the ecpectations that the clubs voted for in terms of the new fixtures agreement. If every rule in the constitution was just disregarded then the whole association would collapse.

Agreed,so there should be a vote of no confidence but don't hold your breath

Agreed,so there should be a vote of no confidence but don't hold your breath

I wouldn't necessarily go that far, but an explanation as to why the new fixtures agreement hasn't been implemented should at least be made to the member clubs. There could very well be a very reasonable explanation, but unless that is clarified then the questions will continue to be asked.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far, but an explanation as to why the new fixtures agreement hasn't been implemented should at least be made to the member clubs. There could very well be a very reasonable explanation, but unless that is clarified then the questions will continue to be asked.

Couldn't agree more.

So as I said, same shambles every season! [emoji6]

So as I said, same shambles every season! [emoji6]

And as I said, it shouldn't be. The clubs voted for an improvement, and there were very specific requirements included in what the clubs voted for. These should be implemented, or an explanation provided as to why they're not.

Archived