Games off 23rd Sep

ex-german exile

There does seem to be that assumption that Junior fans all must have a "big team" - some do obviously, but a surprising amount don't - I actually just remembered the OF game was on and switched it on half an hour in just there.

Moving our cup tie forward to last night for example wasn't so that we could see the OF game...more so we could AVOID it and the attendant arseholery.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Poor old Saltcoats thrown out the cup for telling the truth now we have
Dodgy dressing rooms leaking boilers players suddenly due at work or last minute holidays
It's shameful tbh f**k the Glasgow derby none of those clubs would save any of our clubs from going to the wall

What was the truth they told please?

2 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Obviously not for valid reasons like illness or the Buffs wouldn't have been awarded the tie.

So are we actually saying that the Saltcoats players refused to play due to a senior match which they preferred to attend?

If so, then the players should be barred from the grade.

So are we actually saying that the Saltcoats players refused to play due to a senior match which they preferred to attend?

No,were actually saying they didn't have enough signed players for a team

I have no idea why. In the past the September weekend has been optional for teams. Lots of players take the opportunity to arrange stag weekends, weddings, short holidays etc. in the knowledge that they won't miss a game. For some reason, that was changed this year. Again, i don't know if that was Saltcoats reason but I'm sure many players would have been caught out by the change.

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

I have no idea why. In the past the September weekend has been optional for teams. Lots of players take the opportunity to arrange stag weekends, weddings, short holidays etc. in the knowledge that they won't miss a game. For some reason, that was changed this year. Again, i don't know if that was Saltcoats reason but I'm sure many players would have been caught out by the change.

Not "for some reason", but specifically in an attempt to ease fixture congestion near the end of the season. That's why the option not to play LEAGUE fixtures on the September holiday weekends was part of the fixture setting motion passed at last June's AGM.

But in any case it's irrelevant because this wasn't a league fixture but a Scottish Cup game and R1 of the cup has been played at this time for several seasons now. Hence Vics have no excuse so they forfeit the tie.

I didn't know the reason, but it was obviously for some reason, as you have now clarified in your all too regular arrogant manner.

I was merely trying to point out to JB that players could have unwittingly made prior arrangements expecting that they wouldn't have a game.

Not "for some reason", but specifically in an attempt to ease fixture congestion near the end of the season. That's why the option not to play LEAGUE fixtures on the September holiday weekends was part of the fixture setting motion passed at last June's AGM.

Yet for some reason I'm hearing that there will be no West Region fixtures on 23rd and 30th December, which I find baffling.

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Yet for some reason I'm hearing that there will be no West Region fixtures on 23rd and 30th December, which I find baffling.

Do not like that news In the good old days can remember Beith playing in the Scottish cup on Christmas eve

Is that not against the constitution too? Thought it specified that 24/25/26th Dec and 31st Dec/1st and 2nd January were the only dates left blank?

Is that not against the constitution too? Thought it specified that 24/25/26th Dec and 31st Dec/1st and 2nd January were the only dates left blank?

That is my understanding too. And my understanding of the fixtures vote at the AGM was that we would be given fixtures to the end of December by the end of August, yet here we are almost at the end of September and the fixtures only go to November. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what the agreed proposal was, could anybody clarify ?

Archived