Alloa v Rovers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well  "supporters who shout abuse"  i am just as upset but all this abuse is not really needed that is the managers job , defence should get the pelters anyway  ...

The shouting at Fleming was not that much more frustration at fact he missed a two yard pass. it was only highlighted by his behaviour towards the fans trying sneak the v's at the supporters when caught started shouting and given the full set of hand gestures. With his performance I would kept my head down.

No wonder Docherty stuck the nut in him last year.

On the performance absolutely shambolic I have seen better managers lose there jobs for these types of performances.

No wonder Docherty stuck the nut in him last year.

Is that who he head butted last season? Hahahah, brilliant.

No time for that sort of stuff to the fans, especially the way he's playing as well. Was fully expecting him to get hooked at half time from Jim to show he's not any bigger than the club & that is bang out. He didn't get that, no word of it in interview & a warm embrace when subbed off.

I may be overreacting but I wouldn't tolerate that, fans are getting enough pish with the football itself on top of your own players giving you that.

That must have been a good game for a neutral. Could easily have been a few more goals in it; Bowman made a couple of real quality saves. Rovers handled us well, took their chances when they came, and we were far too easy to get behind on the counter-attack. So soft at the back. Didn't notice any of the Fleming stuff with the fans, but he hasn't looked at the races in any of the games I've been to. Can't say I noticed Crossan doing a lot in the second half either, but early days for him. Only positive I can think of is that Renton is definitely improving and clearly wants to do better.

Best of luck to the Rovers' fans; enjoy your evening.

Holmes was class, and sadly just what we are missing.

Getting rid of him seemed a huge error of judgement at the time and that view is looking more and more like the right one.

Still relatively early days, but perhaps Jim G just doesn't have it.

17 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Holmes was class, and sadly just what we are missing.

A first for me yesterday. Chucked it at 3 0, walked down town and arrived at pub to hear it was 3 2. Jumped in a taxi to head back up, just walked in as Rovers scored the 4th :( :rolleyes:

I somehow doubt we'd have let in five with Jason Marr at the back either (yes, I know he didn't play).

It was a good game. I figured it wasn't going to be our day after that superb early save from their keeper, and their excellent opening goal, so I was able to enjoy it from the viewpoint that we were getting beat regardless. Albion look a bit soft in defence, but make up for it elsewhere. Looks like they'll have plenty of entertaining games this season.

Anyway, stay in the pub next time, Jonah  :P

Holmes is a great player this season for us alot of things he does go unnoticed he does the dirty work and has been a solid performer.

Trouten was good at brechin but i dont know what it is about our team that pushes him to excell the way he is. 13 goals in 11 starts is a rediculos scoring record at any level of football. I think he has been told just do what he wants but everything he touches turns to goals be it him scoring or setting up shields

A number of Alloa fans couldn't see what he brought to the team. It appears some still don't get it.

Totally agree composed in central midfield role spraying pass about perfectly. Lost any pace he had as he got older but still not afraid to mix it when needed. He is a sad loss to Alloa this season none of the replacements can lace his boots.

No coincidence that things have gone tits up since the beard came off IMO. Looked like it was making a comeback a few weeks back, but Jim was clean-shaven yesterday. Nuff said.

Archived