Alloa v Rovers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was about to start this. If Alloa don't win we know who is to blame. 

By all accounts a much improved performance last week and hopefully we can build on that with a win. If Crane is fit then you would imagine he'll come in and the manager will drop out, unless Father Barry is able to convince Goody to keep his boots on. It's the kind of game I'd be tempted to start Martin, but the manager can certainly make a strong case for sticking with a similar approach to last week and that's probably the best idea. 

Couple of legends in the Rovers team. Are they likely to play? Hopefully not at their best if they do.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Couple of legends in the Rovers team. Are they likely to play? Hopefully not at their best if they do.

Marr shouldn't be able to play after disgracing himself last week with a straight red for a totally over-the-top and unnecessary tackle. Holmes should play, and after been impressed with him at the beginning, I've began to worry that he's falling out of games too easily

An away game on a plastic pitch is normally right up our street, but we don't have a great record at the Rec, mostly because Alloa have been a much better team than us any recent seasons we've been together. I'd therefore grab a draw with both hands, especially one that doesn't involve shipping goals as if they're going out of fashion :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

I was about to start this. If Alloa don't win we know who is to blame. 

By all accounts a much improved performance last week and hopefully we can build on that with a win. If Crane is fit then you would imagine he'll come in and the manager will drop out, unless Father Barry is able to convince Goody to keep his boots on. It's the kind of game I'd be tempted to start Martin, but the manager can certainly make a strong case for sticking with a similar approach to last week and that's probably the best idea. 

We Have not lost a game i have started a topic on ....so    :-p

17 hours ago, Waspie said:

If Crane is fit then you would imagine he'll come in and the manager will drop out, unless Father Barry is able to convince Goody to keep his boots on. It's the kind of game I'd be tempted to start Martin, but the manager can certainly make a strong case for sticking with a similar approach to last week and that's probably the best idea. 

I've put a strong case forward in the match programme, and I know Goody reads it on a Friday...fingers crossed.:)

He certainly made a real positive impact on the team in past 2 games and was our best player last week down at Somerset Park. Provides great entertainment too. But yeah I think that's the change he will make, putting himself back on the bench again.

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I've put a strong case forward in the match programme, and I know Goody reads it on a Friday...fingers crossed.:)

He certainly made a real positive impact on the team in past 2 games and was our best player last week down at Somerset Park. Provides great entertainment too. But yeah I think that's the change he will make, putting himself back on the bench again.

Goody to start? Or Martin?

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

Meant who are you making a case for? :lol: Although I suspect I'd be quicker pilfering a programme.

Ah sorry...big Jim. We look a far better unit with him on the field. He was terrific last week. Looked about 80% fit but still strolled much of the game.

36 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Can we go for a doubler & add Fleming to that list too?

Solid defence eh pfft,  fleming started to play better after getting pelters , and giving some gestures back , Andy graham is a big loss but

credit to rovers clinical and well put away   , jim has his work cut out he is not doing so well,

stand by my prediction that we will be at the wrong end of the league this season, ironically i think we played well in spells discounting the missing defence of course

rovers defended so much better and that was the difference today..

I don't mind players playing bad as long as they are trying. Fleming didn't that first half & how he thinks he has the right to give it back to Alloa fans in that style whilst 2-0 down I have no idea.

Renton was given abuse last home game, he responded with a last minute winner & a wee bit in the celebration. You do that. If you've been playing pish, keep your head down & do your talking with the ball.

4 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

I don't mind players playing bad as long as they are trying. Fleming didn't that first half & how he thinks he has the right to give it back to Alloa fans in that style whilst 2-0 down I have no idea.

Renton was given abuse last home game, he responded with a last minute winner & a wee bit in the celebration. You do that. If you've been playing pish, keep your head down & do your talking with the ball.

Well  "supporters who shout abuse"  i am just as upset but all this abuse is not really needed that is the managers job , defence should get the pelters anyway  ...

Well  "supporters who shout abuse"  i am just as upset but all this abuse is not really needed that is the managers job , defence should get the pelters anyway  ...

Aye, abuse has a line. I'm not one to shout too much at the game compared to some others.

However, a players got to block that out & get on with it. Especially if his whole Alloa career he's failed to do much good.

Well I called it. I had a sneaking suspicion we would either get humped or do the humping. Probably going to do a normal highlights. Then a match of the day analysis on that game. I'm in Crossgates for tonight so nothing better to do. I'll get the highlights done asap. (Midnight is the goal.)

Archived