Scottish Cup

lonewolfie

1 hour ago, CopaMundials said:

Went along to the the Troon v Renfrew game today as a neutral and which to br fait was quite a good 1st half but spoiled by a referee who to be fair wasnt ready for that level.
Very poor bookings and a more obnoxious official you won't see or meet.

All of a sudden in the 2nd half the ref and to give him the benefit of the doubt and can only be described as fat, overweight, awkward, obnoxious and totally out of his depth starts to dish out yellow cards to both teams and to make matters worse not 1 bad tackle in the game.

I know we need them, the game doesn't go ahead etc but that lad today was ridiculously embarressing.

Yes hes young and learning but no, thats not your bag, go stack shelves or park motors because your killing our game. 22 good players, 2 good teams, but you my man were dismal.

Someone stated hes getting £40 for that, to be perfectly honest i wouldnt have given him petrol money for that display. Rotten my friend!!!

He's listed as Alan Grainger, who I'm sure has been about the Junior scene for quite a while now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/9/2017 at 15:51, .Stuart. said:

I genuinely had no idea what 'September Weekend' was before I started following the juniors.

Stuart, you have never lived! The September weekend is second only to "the fair" in the weegie calendar. These were more important than Christmas. On these weekends, men would drink and gamble every penny they had and ruin any plans that families had made. It's a tradition that has declined in popularity recently.

On 23/09/2017 at 21:56, archieb said:

Referees' fees for Junior Cup ties have changed since last season.

In the first 4 rounds they get £50. Assistant refs get half the fee.

In Rounds 5 & 6 the fee goes up to £55 (plus £5 travelling expenses if they've travelled over 25 miles each way, so up to £60 total), in the semifinals £60 plus travel, and £100 for the final.

I was under the impression it was £35 plus milage although the £35 may have increased. Our ref on saturday got £51 

Wee shout out for the linesman who done the Wishaw v candy game on Saturday
I thought the lad was really good yes couple of things he should have picked up on and spoke with the ref about tho I did feel the ref was a bit of a knob so probably wouldn't have listened to him anyway but game feels far much better with linesman definitely something which should be mandatory in all the leagues not just super leagues

Wee shout out for the linesman who done the Wishaw v candy game on Saturday
I thought the lad was really good yes couple of things he should have picked up on and spoke with the ref about tho I did feel the ref was a bit of a knob so probably wouldn't have listened to him anyway but game feels far much better with linesman definitely something which should be mandatory in all the leagues not just super leagues

The only thing is, I don't think there's enough officials to officiate all the game's.

Dundee East Craigie v Rosyth replay will be on Lochee United's ground. That'll be my neutral's day out (via morning Amateur Cup action also in Dundee).

East Craigie haven't played a home game yet this season - pavilion works at Craigie Park, no changing facilities there at the moment.

Archived