Hibs v Celtic .. LC Semi

paddymcp

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought it was a really good contested semi final yesterday. Both teams playing some slick football. A great game to watch for the neutral, and showcased the Scottish game in a decent light.
I suspect the other semi to be an utter shitfest but equally entertaining for other reasons.

Hibs just undone by some quality finishing, and questionable defending.

VqT2Qwo.jpg

Turned into a bit of a training match in some parts of the first half but other than that, a decent performance from us. Really, really shite first two goals to give away though. I sort of understand Lennon's "everyone has to earn the jersey" thing but surely if you're playing a semi final against the best team in the country and you have one very good goalkeeper on the books, you play him. What I definitely don't understand is his persistence with Slivka on the right. It blatantly doesn't work and with Celtic predictably looking a bit leggy and open at the back, Boyle should've been one of the most obvious selections for us.

Good to see Shaw getting his goal. That kind of off the ball run and finish is what we've been badly missing. Hopefully he gets some games between now and January and if it doesn't work out, we go out and get a striker who can do that regularly.

Understandably not the best I've seen from Celtic but took advantage of our gifts at the back, then countered well to finish it off. The kind of effective performance needed for the situation. Good luck in the final.

7 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Thought it was a really good contested semi final yesterday. Both teams playing some slick football. A great game to watch for the neutral, and showcased the Scottish game in a decent light.
I suspect the other semi to be an utter shitfest but equally entertaining for other reasons.

Hibs just undone by some quality finishing, and questionable defending.

VqT2Qwo.jpg

Tuesday's euro millions numbers please

Not at all.
Just pointing out that Scotland's main striker mumps around like a sulking wee boy because he has to play against the team he supports. It's pretty obvious he'd rather be in the boozer with his stupid as f*ck mates singing songs about refugees, than actually trying to earn his considerable wages.
I suppose it balances up the Lennon/Celtic puke-inducing love in though. 

Utter pish. Im watching the highlights now and whilst much didnt come off for him it certainly didnt stop him from trying. He chased quite a few lost causes and won a few free kicks,the sulking was mainly from his touch not being quite there. The man needs a rest imo.

8 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Turned into a bit of a training match in some parts of the first half but other than that, a decent performance from us. Really, really shite first two goals to give away though. I sort of understand Lennon's "everyone has to earn the jersey" thing but surely if you're playing a semi final against the best team in the country and you have one very good goalkeeper on the books, you play him. What I definitely don't understand is his persistence with Slivka on the right. It blatantly doesn't work and with Celtic predictably looking a bit leggy and open at the back, Boyle should've been one of the most obvious selections for us.

Good to see Shaw getting his goal. That kind of off the ball run and finish is what we've been badly missing. Hopefully he gets some games between now and January and if it doesn't work out, we go out and get a striker who can do that regularly.

Understandably not the best I've seen from Celtic but took advantage of our gifts at the back, then countered well to finish it off. The kind of effective performance needed for the situation. Good luck in the final.

Great goal from Shaw, hope we see more from him soon. 

Always a :lol: seeing that Celtic can't play Griffiths against Hibs.

Guest Bob Mahelp
17 hours ago, gannonball said:

Utter pish. Im watching the highlights now and whilst much didnt come off for him it certainly didnt stop him from trying. He chased quite a few lost causes and won a few free kicks,the sulking was mainly from his touch not being quite there. The man needs a rest imo.

I've no doubt at all that the man-child will discover his touch on Wednesday. 

Hibs fans are gloating about how 'one of their own' obviously never tried a leg against them.

Embarrassing all round and a disturbing lack of professionalism from Scotland's main striker.

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hibs fans are gloating about how 'one of their own' obviously never tried a leg against them.

Embarrassing all round and a disturbing lack of professionalism from Scotland's main striker.

Just basically regurgitating what you said earlier and now in another match thread doesnt make what you said any more true. Try and think of something else as you appear to be getting worked up about my little simpleton. Im guessing he wont even start on Wed anyway.

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Let's hope so ie.svg

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, gannonball said:

Just basically regurgitating what you said earlier and now in another match thread doesnt make what you said any more true. Try and think of something else as you appear to be getting worked up about my little simpleton. Im guessing he wont even start on Wed anyway.

4 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Let's hope so ie.svg

As I said...embarrassing for both Celtic that they put up with the unprofessional antics of the man-child, and for Hibs fans that they hold onto some pathetic belief that Griffiths is 'one of their own'. 

Dearie me.

On 24/10/2017 at 02:26, Bob Mahelp said:

As I said...embarrassing for both Celtic that they put up with the unprofessional antics of the man-child, and for Hibs fans that they hold onto some pathetic belief that Griffiths is 'one of their own'. 

Dearie me.

It's time Leigh came back to ER it's clear he's not interested in Celtic. 

Archived