Rangers vs Motherwell LC Semi

The_Kincardine

That banner!

Possibly the most embarrassing thing about the whole tie yesterday. 

So when the rabid bears at Rangers Media go on about Pedro and the players embarrassing their 'great' club they need to take a long hard look at themselves, although you suspect self reflection isn't something they do very well.

Still it's interesting from a psychological point of view.  Motherwell fans produce a banner that's positively focused on supporting their team while Rangers fans produce a banner that's anti and mocking and tied in with  bizarre sense of superiority that, as yesterday proved, is completely unjustified. 

Imagine being involved in the conceptualization and production of that banner and then watching King Louie sublimely chip the keeper to knock their sorry asses out the competition.  Imagine how that must have felt like?  Imagine how embarrassing it must have been, to know, even if for a few seconds before the deluded excuses started spewing out, you got it THAT wrong.

Oh deary me.  Oh deary me.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's obvious that they are well aware that their club folded in 2012 their timeline and all the history that went with it was broken. The idea may be the same, the support may be the same, the same daft sense of entitlement may still be there, but one club ceased to be and another was formed in the summer of 2012.

Before all that happened, I never heard a Rangers fan banging on about 1872 and "going for 55" and ex amount of years of history. They are in denial but they are fooling no one, not even themselves and they just come across as desperately trying to convince themselves that 2012 didn't happen.

As someone else said yesterday on this thread, they really aren't Rangers anymore, in any sense of the word. Even away from liquidation/newco, they as a club are a pale shadow of the club they desperately want to be, a side which challenges for titles, cups and challenges Celtic every year. Instead they are a basket case off the park and on the park they are struggling to challenge Aberdeen never mind Celtic.

With regards to Bowman, dont think there was intent - his eyes were never on the player, but could arguably have seen a yellow/red.
There is no real difference from the way Joe Garner was putting himself about last season though (or Mcculloch before him).

13 hours ago, Swello said:

Pedro Caixinha has always had the air of a competition winner about him - he always seems like he can't believe someone has left him in charge of a big club

This. So many times this. How did he get the job exactly? Did he apply for it? Were there other applicants? Or was he head-hunted? He won a couple of titles in Mexico according to wikipedia, but after 2015 he was managing some Qatari mob until he got the Sevco gig. Just seems a weird appointment. He clearly has no idea what he's doing, had no idea of the nature of the club and its support before he joined, and looks and sounds as if he'd shoot literally anyone in the face to get out of Ibrokes.

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Instead they are a basket case off the park and on the park they are struggling to challenge Motherwell never mind Aberdeen and Celtic.

FTFY

2 minutes ago, Al B said:

Pedro press conference just now, saying he sat the players down and told them they are embarrassing.

Because of yesterday's result, or just in general?

The Rangers FC are fast becoming "Minter FC"

Only a short time has passed since D.King admitted he did not have the finances to complete his take over of the sevco!!

Bit of a coincidence that Mike Ashley puts NUFC up for sale at the same time!!

Wouldnt it be hilarious if Ashley gobbles them up,the Seethe would be unprecedented :whistle

A big well done to the "Well", know a few well fans in my area,all good lads,real fitba fans too. Same colours as the famous Whitburn juniors too :thumsup2.

Best of Luck and enjoy the final guys.

41 minutes ago, MJC said:

It's obvious that they are well aware that their club folded in 2012 their timeline and all the history that went with it was broken. The idea may be the same, the support may be the same, the same daft sense of entitlement may still be there, but one club ceased to be and another was formed in the summer of 2012.

Before all that happened, I never heard a Rangers fan banging on about 1872 and "going for 55" and ex amount of years of history. They are in denial but they are fooling no one, not even themselves and they just come across as desperately trying to convince themselves that 2012 didn't happen.

As someone else said yesterday on this thread, they really aren't Rangers anymore, in any sense of the word. Even away from liquidation/newco, they as a club are a pale shadow of the club they desperately want to be, a side which challenges for titles, cups and challenges Celtic every year. Instead they are a basket case off the park and on the park they are struggling to challenge Aberdeen never mind Celtic.

who are you and what have you done with the real MJC?

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He does.

I took it back incredulously, to check.  Who the Hell is the wee twat?

He was meaning Motherwell started their campaign at Hampden against Queen's Park but is he really so ignorant of Scottish football that he thinks there is a club called Queens Park Rangers? I remember Jane Lewis making the exact same mistake at the start of her career and thinking she had obviously never heard of Queen's Park.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think that commentary will be from Motherwell TV or whatever their equivalent was.  It was almost certainly just a slip of the tongue - I'm sure I've done that one before at some point too.

Probably. Jane Lewis's wasn't a slip of the tongue. I think it was Motherwell again, they were playing Queens Park Rangers in a friendly according to Jane, "that match being played at Hampden". Waaaaaait a minute! 

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think that commentary will be from Motherwell TV or whatever their equivalent was.  It was almost certainly just a slip of the tongue - I'm sure I've done that one before at some point too.

It's unforgivable.

3 hours ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

One thing I noticed in the pub yesterday was there was less arrogance among the gers fans, almost as if the reality of their level had finally arrived.
Long may it continue

I had the joy of a what can only be described as an old fashioned bear beside me in the pub.

I arrived at half time and took a spot at the bar. After the 1st Motherwell goal was scored the space beside me was filled by a something impersonating a human being, Fat, bald, 50s, Northern Irish accent, opinions bigger than his brain and a Man City polo shirt is the picture you should form.

After confirming that the score was correct and the 1st had been a bit of scramble I was entertained by,

Growing shouts of anger at Rangers leading to a near halfway line passback to the keeper by a non-caucasian Rangers player resulting in the phrase 'f**k off home ya Nigger b*****d'.

A 5 minute tirade on how The Rangers should never be beat by a team like Motherwell, and extensive use of the word c**t to describe every Rangers player and every decision.

He then spent time on the phone to his bookies getting odds on Rangers to win  in 90mins (£40 at 17/2 was bet), and loudly announced as a cert........

The 2nd goal went in and it took all my strength not to just start laughing out loud. ( a further £20 at 45/1 was bet over the phone as they were still in it).

The anger and rage built, the language and hatred of Pedro and poor perfomances grew, and then like a true Loyal fan he fucked off with 5 minutes to go.

Can I apologise for the use of the N word, not one I would normally use but I am repeating the experience of being next to a Rangers fan in a bar in Aberdeen yesterday afternoon.

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Hang on, they lost, they got bullied right across the park and had at least 1or2 decisions arguably go against them.

Where's my fucking statement?

Disappointing.

"A Rangers player got his nose broken and to date, the assailant is still at large" 

Archived