Rangers vs Motherwell LC Semi

The_Kincardine

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some day.

When Moult's 2nd went in, wit a goal btw, I made a noise I'm not even sure was human. What followed thereafter was a sea of limbs and a joyous atmosphere that never stopped until long after the final whistle. You never got the feeling that this teams bottle was going to crash as we've seen from so many Motherwell sides of the past against this mob.

Don't think we done ourselves justice 1st half but hung on in there thanks to a bit of luck, some shite finishing and some last ditch defending. Fancied Robinson to get tore into them at half time and once we got the 1st early doors in the 2nd half we never looked back. Thought they looked lost to be honest, never really fancied the battle to get back into it and it was just hopeful balls lumped into our box- which might have worked last year but as I said last week with Carson between the sticks and Hartley marshaling the defence I felt confident we would see it out comfortably. Which we absolutely did to be fair.

Today felt strange, a lot of us were actually confident we'd go out there and do that lot and we did- you really can't praise the job Robinson's done this season enough. I've seen better Motherwell teams in terms of pure ability but I'm struggling to think of a more courageous and ballsy Motherwell side than this one. We've had Aberdeen at home in the quarters and Rangers in the semi at Hampden today and we've won them both without conceding a goal and sticking 5 past the pair of them in the process. 

Some team,  Mon the 'Well.

Enjoyable game for the neutral....Motherwell got stuck into Rangers and rattled them. Alves should be expecting a retroactive ban, as might Moult for his wee retaliation. The "elbows" from both sides were 50-50 balls and accidents IMO but the referee should have stopped play to make sure the head knocks weren't serious but then again he was pretty rank and looked like a lost wee boy for most of the game. Just hope all the handbags and the ref's ineptitude doesn't gloss over the fact that Moult's second goal was absolutely tremendous! Motherwell have a decent squad there and in Moult they have one of the best strikers in the league. Motherwell are going to have to play much better against Celtic in the final as they looked susceptible at the back a few times but for today everyone associated with the club should enjoy the result

Enjoyable game for the neutral....Motherwell got stuck into Rangers and rattled them. Alves should be expecting a retroactive ban, as might Moult for his wee retaliation. The "elbows" from both sides were 50-50 balls and accidents IMO but the referee should have stopped play to make sure the head knocks weren't serious but then again he was pretty rank and looked like a lost wee boy for most of the game. Just hope all the handbags and the ref's ineptitude doesn't gloss over the fact that Moult's second goal was absolutely tremendous! Motherwell have a decent squad there and in Moult they have one of the best strikers in the league. Motherwell are going to have to play much better against Celtic in the final as they looked susceptible at the back a few times but for today everyone associated with the club should enjoy the result

Moult can't recieve anything retrospectively as he was booked at the time of the indecent. Alves on the other hand wasn't even spoken too. Up to the refs report now but you know f**k all will be done. Agreed about the elbow incidents from both teams, all 50/50s no intent.

To be fair that was harder than I expected, Rangers were better in the first half than I expected them to be.  Very comfortable second half though, couple of good goals, all in, a nice afternoon out.

29 minutes ago, well91 said:

Moult can't recieve anything retrospectively as he was booked at the time of the indecent. Alves on the other hand wasn't even spoken too. Up to the refs report now but you know f**k all will be done. Agreed about the elbow incidents from both teams, all 50/50s no intent.

It wasn't that bad, shirley?

35 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Does the commentator say "Queen's Park Rangers" as the teams are coming out, or did I mishear that?

Yeah he did - I had to have a second, third, fourth and fifth look/listen..................................just to confirm mind you :thumsup2

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Moults lob was superb, Windas had a similar opportunity early on but failed to open up his body and get any height on it and just passed it to the keeper basically.

Don't think I have ever seen a more "Nearly" player in my life than Windass. Every time I have seen him he seems to have a couple of good chances, or a couple of good runs, or a couple of decent efforts but almost every single time he is just out with the finish. Again yesterday he could have had a couple but missed when he should have done far better.

A few short spells apart, Motherwell were well in control. Only thing that surprised me was how much they struggled with the long balls, in the first half especially. Moult took his goals well, first one was all about being in the right place and the second was an outstanding finish. Similar to one of the goals he scored in the 4-3 defeat to Celtic last season IIRC.

Rangers have a few decent players but again completely lose it when the decisions don't go their way. Amazing how easily intimidated they seem to be when you consider they have Bruno Alves and Morelos at either end of the park, two players who are dirty b*****ds on the park. The boy Alnwick in goals looked good, his distribution was one of Rangers best attacking assets.

Motherwell have a decent chance in the final. Celtic have been poor this season compared to this stage last year, and their defence struggles under pressure. If Simunovic remains injured for the final I would reckon they will score a couple of goals at least. Whether or not they keep Celtic out is another question.

40 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd have ripped the heed clean off it had Pars scored a goal like that in a cup semi. Well done the mighty Well.

Caixinha :lol: Rangers :lol:

And to think, it's only the 2nd best goal some of us have seen in a semi-final :)

Archived