Clyde v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowdenbeath's first claim for a penalty looked a stonewaller to me.

For the penalty given , I thought it was well outside the box.

Perhaps the referee realised his mistake at the first and levelled it.

Clyde got what we deserved.

Breslin being sent off might just be an advantage to us next week. He's a bomb scare but is an everpresent . As Chapman won't drop him this is the only way he won't be selected.

Things to note from today's game:

1) I've never seen a team with as inept an attack as Cowdenbeath. Two or three absolute sitters; not just missed, but they literally didn't make any real contact with the ball. No surprise they left the penalty to the left back. I can see them getting cut completely adrift as they'll not play sides like us every week.

2) Breslin must be done now surely. Not only was he a miserable wreck, misjudging high balls all over the place, he also makes McNiff a worse player as well as he's always looking to cover rather than concentrate on his own job. An absolutely mindless second yellow (although it might have been a straight red according to SPFL site?). Can't believe Home, who is a bog standard, ordinary but solid player, wasn't starting at centre half instead of him.

3) Ferguson was terrific when he came on, driving at players like the old days, and the goal was a cracker but it's embarrassing that he was dead on his feet after playing for half an hour.  No doubt contributed to him conceding the penalty.

4) Duffie got caught on his heels at one through ball late on but I thought he did well. We might actually end up with a decent back four when Munro is back. He was one of the few (only one bar Currie?) to get pass marks. Nicoll, Burbidge and Ramsay probably the worst of the others. 

5) Charleston was his usual self but we probably got more things in our favour over the game. It's still incomprehensible that he's not been demoted though.

6) Not sure if the crowd causes the players to become nervy, or the other way about, but home games will continue to be rubbish if that carries on. 

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Cowdenbeath's first claim for a penalty looked a stonewaller to me.

For the penalty given , I thought it was well outside the box.

Perhaps the referee realised his mistake at the first and levelled it.

Clyde got what we deserved.

Breslin being sent off might just be an advantage to us next week. He's a bomb scare but is an everpresent . As Chapman won't drop him this is the only way he won't be selected.

I would agree with you re the penalty claims.

First half absolutely stinking. 2nd half we picked it up and created plenty of chances, just didn't take any of them except that one bit of class between goodie and fergie to set up smart. As always we f**k it at the end, fuckin stupid penalty to give away as well... pish yet again, regretting paying for my season ticket before the game...

Come on give it to Christmas Jim' s the man [emoji106]

Charleston is inept.  That was one of the worst refereeing displays in a long time. He really is an arrogant p***k who struts up and down the centre of the park. Makes no attempt to keep up with play but he still gets to referee top level games.

first half, Clyde player misjudged high ball leaving Morris thru on goal. He brings him down and ref blows for foul.  Then no card of any colour !

stonewall pen in second half when Clyde player makes great one handed save on the line. Not seen by ref apparently

Harvey Swann then brought down on edge of box and he gives a pen.

thats his highlights, rest of the time he was just pish.

I wasnt even convinced it was a foul for the "penalty" and if he thought the position was worse than the "mere free kick with no yellow never mind red" a few mins in I need to smoke the same crack he does. The first one was worth a red maybe and the handball for sure.

Point was probs fair for both today. Officials were absute fucking shite. I said before the game Charleston was as good as a goal down but he must have been feeling particularly guilty near the end.

Felt we deserved something from today's game , we played some good football at times and as bad a start as we have had we are playing nowhere near as bad as we did last season we are actually trying to keep the ball on the deck instead of playing hoof ball, young lad Connolly is a tremendous prospect and should be starting next week , made some good runs and held up the ball well and played a superb ball into the box for Josh Morris ( feel that Morris needs a goal to get his confidence up , he was getting into good positions at times) 

really like the way harvey swann plays and he  was a standout today and deserved to take the penalty, as with Joe McGovern kept us in the game and showed some great bravery 

Robbie Buchanan is a waste of a shirt hope im wrong but cant see him getting any better would play Cammy Muirhead any day over him  

hopefully we can kick on from this and start to score a few goals starting with Annan next week 

Mon the Cowden

15 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Felt we deserved something from today's game , we played some good football at times and as bad a start as we have had we are playing nowhere near as bad as we did last season we are actually trying to keep the ball on the deck instead of playing hoof ball, young lad Connolly is a tremendous prospect and should be starting next week , made some good runs and held up the ball well and played a superb ball into the box for Josh Morris ( feel that Morris needs a goal to get his confidence up , he was getting into good positions at times) 

really like the way harvey swann plays and he  was a standout today and deserved to take the penalty, as with Joe McGovern kept us in the game and showed some great bravery 

Robbie Buchanan is a waste of a shirt hope im wrong but cant see him getting any better would play Cammy Muirhead any day over him  

hopefully we can kick on from this and start to score a few goals starting with Annan next week 

Mon the Cowden

15 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Mon the Cowden

Whittaker should be starting, he is a good player.

Ferguson first 7 league  games W1 D2 L4
MacDonald/McGovern W1 D1 L5
Chapman W2 D2 L3
Not overly impressed  so far,  but give the guy some time ffs

Would concern yourself about him getting time he has a two year deal, he is a chum off the chairman. He ain't going anywhere ( bit like Clyde at the moment )

In fact going by past record if he manages to get us knocked out the cup up at Keith he will get a contract extension

But in better news we have a new boardroom [emoji106]

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Would concern yourself about him getting time he has a two year deal, he is a chum off the chairman. He ain't going anywhere ( bit like Clyde at the moment )

In fact going by past record if he manages to get us knocked out the cup up at Keith he will get a contract extension

But in better news we have a new boardroom emoji106.png

Where are you getting the chums with chairman bit from ?

Archived