Staggies v Hibees, whether we like it or not.

27 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Agreed. Games I've been to (Partick, Dundee, St. Johnstone & County) we've only really looked comfortable vs Partick... have we become slightly disjointed since Stokes re-signed?

Might be best to wait till after the Celtic game but I'd like to see us try Matulevicius up front with Stokes and Boyle acting as inside forwards. Midfield 3 as you said with Bartley playing the DM role. McGinn really needs to work on his close control, seemed each time he dribbled with the ball he'd let it get just too far in front of him and allow it to get nicked or he'd get tackled/have to make a tackle. 

Perhaps but he's worth it overall. The fact that he can't seem to form a good partnership with anyone is partly why I'm leaning towards wanting to see Lennon just putting a solid team behind him and letting him do his own thing.

Would love to be wrong but to me, Big Davy has huddy written all over him. Think we'll see him for 5-10 minutes every few weeks, at most. If Stokes played out wide, our full backs would get absolutely roasted imo*. We probably need our wide players to be tracking the other team's wingers at the moment, Stokes wouldn't bother tracking their full backs.

McGinn's looking a bit all over the shop at times but again, I think McGeough playing centrally would help that. When they both play in the middle, McGinn's drives forward seem to happen because a space has opened up. When everything goes through McGinn he seems to run into trouble all the time and it all becomes a bit pinball-like.

*edit: even more than they already are most weeks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to note how no Hibs fan seems to mention Swanson in their strongest team. Purely on highlights he looked a great fit in your opening game, take it everything's fallen apart since then? He was bit dodgy for us if he wasn't playing the majority of the match every week

Whether or not he begins to perform now he's gotten the goal monkey off his back... shame we didn't get to see vs County... stripped and everything then next thing we know he's sat back down with the bib back on

Interesting to note how no Hibs fan seems to mention Swanson in their strongest team. Purely on highlights he looked a great fit in your opening game, take it everything's fallen apart since then? He was bit dodgy for us if he wasn't playing the majority of the match every week

He hasn't been good enough to be in our best 11. Trying too hard to get a goal for a while, confidence started to go a bit when that didn't happen. Dropped.

Lennon loves Boyle (justifiably) Murray was on fire at the start of the season, and Stokes isn't getting dropped. His best chance of getting back in the side short term is Murray getting dropped and Stokes playing up front.

Archived