Staggies v Hibees, whether we like it or not.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One loss in 7 I’ll take that.

Boy I work with is a Raith fan and says that laidlaw has all the attributes to be a top keeper he just doesn’t have any confidence in himself. You’d like to think that by playing under Lennon who’s known for his man management and the fact he’s getting a chance would help.

Good to know as well that Marciano has someone able to slip in if (like recently) standards slip.

Think a draw would have been fair. County the better side for most of the match. Fox showed why we need him in the team. Good performance despite the score.

Good performances get you nowhere without points. We've got no talisman at the minute. Every week I get a worse feeling about this season.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Big Efe strolling his way to a clean sheet this afternoon. Absolute scenes.

He had to do absolutely heehaw today, strolled it.

County a shambles, Hibs decent (and in 3rd gear)

Off to get so drunk I forget what disappointment is.

A very important three points for us. Clean sheet will do our defence a world of good too. Laidlaw staking a claim to play more regularly as well which I didn’t expect. 

Our start to the season has been decent minus our second half performance against Hamilton. 

I think it's a real stretch to say that was a good performance (from us) today. But even if it was, I'm sick and tired of "good performances". I'm sick of looking good in spells, usually when we're already trying to claw our way back into a game. I'm also pretty tired of opposition fans putting a win against us down as a really good result, or expressing relief that they held out for the full points, then declaring that "County will be fine." We're NOWHERE NEAR getting results, and if we stick with Jim McIntyre I don't believe for a second we'll be ok. Losing Boyce was always going to be huge, but I believe the squad we still have are capable of far better than we are currently being subjected to week in, week out.

While I am not totally surprised by our points tally so far I am pretty alarmed by the fact that we are further away  from any idea what our best starting eleven is than ever before. In my ignorance I thought that introducing Tumilty today would see him at right back and allow Naismith to use his running/tackling power to augment midfield, but God help us we threw Tumilty to the wolves in the middle of the park and I really felt for the boy. What on earth did JM  think suddenly chucking the lad into this role and what does it say about his faith in his actual midfield options e.g. Chow, Lindsay?

A few games ago I was bemoaning our inability to convert chances , today we hardly made any chances. Hibs were well worth their win but did so without getting anywhere near the potential their lineup should produce. It can't be a good sign that our keeper consistently gets MOTM awards for home games.

Least surprising aspect of the game was that Dallas was beyond incompetent, he was so fecking bad that I think that it is only fair to the paying public that match officials are drug tested.

Archived