Unanimity to allow cyclist to kill.

PB 4.2

KIM'S LAW  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

You are only telling us what we already know.   If you pedal like a dickhead and play games on the tarmac you might get squashed.    

It's the reason we formed the C.A.S.T    

38 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

You are only telling us what we already know.   If you pedal like a dickhead and play games on the tarmac you might get squashed.    

It's the reason we formed the C.A.S.T    

Nice of you to automatically assume that the people who were tragically killed in these incidents were “ pedalling like a dickhead and playing  games “

I’m not surprised Moria deserted you 

33 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Nice of you to automatically assume that the people who were tragically killed in these incidents were “ pedalling like a dickhead and playing  games “

It's evidence-based.  

You always resort to attacking my ex-wife when you lose the heed.    I promise you now I'll never stoop so low and make allegations about your family.   

There are ways to counter your anger.   For certain I ain't ever gonna be your punchbag.   Deal with the problems properly - cycling isn't working.  

6 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

It's evidence-based.  

You always resort to attacking my ex-wife when you lose the heed.    I promise you now I'll never stoop so low and make allegations about your family.   

There are ways to counter your anger.   For certain I ain't ever gonna be your punchbag.   Deal with the problems properly - cycling isn't working.  

Happy for you to come up with the evidence (and assume their families would be too),  that these 5 fatalities were caused as a result of them pedalling like dickheads or playing  games.

” Loose the heid”, erm nah, I just pity  you that because your ex left you for a leaner, fitter cyclist   you’re on a crusade of hatered against all cyclists.

Deal with the problem properly :)

I just pity  you that because your ex left you for a leaner, fitter cyclist   you’re on a crusade of hatered against all cyclists.
Deal with the problem properly [emoji4]

Finally somebody has come up with a sensible explanation of what this bizarre thread was actually about

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

” Loose the heid”, erm nah, I just pity  you that because your ex left you for a leaner, fitter cyclist   you’re on a crusade of hatered against all cyclists.

Deal with the problem properly :)

That's about the 5th time you've been unable to spell "lose".   

That's about the 50th time you've brought up my ex-wife and this bizarre claim she left me for a cyclist.  Rest assured with the divorce settlement she received she'll never be forced into cycling and credit cards. 

5 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

That's about the 5th time you've been unable to spell "lose".   

That's about the 50th time you've brought up my ex-wife and this bizarre claim she left me for a cyclist.  Rest assured with the divorce settlement she received she'll never be forced into cycling and credit cards. 

Must have been a decent divorce settlement right  enough, hence the reason you have to drive about in a Kia Ceed 

Take your time coming up with the evidence from your earlier claim 

Thing is, threads like these are a reflection of some truly ignorant attitudes in society. Take this case - https://amp.timeinc.net/cyclingweekly/news/latest-news/cyclist-left-broken-spine-rugby-tackled-angry-driver-354568?source=dam

A lorry driver, angry at a lassie riding a bike stopped his lorry to get out and rugby tackle her. He broke her spine.

It's this whole "them and us" attitude perpetrated by trolls online and quite frankly, cretins on the streets, that's leading to people being maimed and killed. 

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Thing is, threads like these are a reflection of some truly ignorant attitudes in society. Take this case - https://amp.timeinc.net/cyclingweekly/news/latest-news/cyclist-left-broken-spine-rugby-tackled-angry-driver-354568?source=dam

A lorry driver, angry at a lassie riding a bike stopped his lorry to get out and rugby tackle her. He broke her spine.

It's this whole "them and us" attitude perpetrated by trolls online and quite frankly, cretins on the streets, that's leading to people being maimed and killed. 

She was probably “pedalling like a dickhead or playing games “

The thing is statistically speaking, a real survey not made up rubbish, that most adult cyclists are car drivers/owners too so they understand how a driver thinks and tries to avoid putting themselves into dangerous situations. Things like running red lights etc, 1% of cyclist caused accidents come from red lights and the same percentage of motorised vehicle caused accidents.

https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/community/featured/10-cycling-myths-uncovered

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2010/aug/10/cycling-boom-survey

https://www.sustrans.org.uk/sites/default/files/bike_life_edinburgh_2015.pdf

Sounds about right. I'd say the most annoying cyclists are teenage boys riding cheap Sports Direct mountain bikes in the dark with no lights - a world away from middle aged men who spend a fortune on their bike and are well aware of the risks on the road. 

34 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Sounds about right. I'd say the most annoying cyclists are teenage boys riding cheap Sports Direct mountain bikes in the dark with no lights - a world away from middle aged men who spend a fortune on their bike and are well aware of the risks on the road. 

I almost hit one this morning on my way to work at 6.30am, no lights and dark clothing. Once I pulled up next to him at the traffic lights I saw he was just a young lad on a cheap bike probably in a rush not to be late but no excuses for not having lights though.He was the exception as everyone else had lights, reflective clothing etc.

Thought the Balrog was more to blame tbf.

Popular music singer Ed Sheeran tweeting pictures of his broken arm after cycling into a motorcar.  

Potentially millions of pounds worth of lost concert revenue to save a tenner on a taxi.   Madness. 

Archived