Unanimity to allow cyclist to kill.

PB 4.2

KIM'S LAW  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We, the C.A.S.T team are delighted that our campaigning instigated the proposal to change the laws of the land.    We accept that people can choose to ride a bike and we don't wish to control the lives of individuals.   The reason why we started our campaign in 2012 is the rise of the criminal cyclist which has seen assaults rise 600% in the last decade, and our complaints fell on deaf ears from the police.   

Our views are the cyclist isn't a special case and financial circumstances shouldn't be a consideration during criminality.    We urge you to support the legislation and take 60% of our cyclists off our tax-funded streets.  

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

We, the C.A.S.T team are delighted that our campaigning instigated the proposal to change the laws of the land.    We accept that people can choose to ride a bike and we don't wish to control the lives of individuals.   The reason why we started our campaign in 2012 is the rise of the criminal cyclist which has seen assaults rise 600% in the last decade, and our complaints fell on deaf ears from the police.   

Our views are the cyclist isn't a special case and financial circumstances shouldn't be a consideration during criminality.    We urge you to support the legislation and take 60% of our cyclists off our tax-funded streets.  

Wait.  Take 60% of cyclists off the streets?  Really?  Where do I sign up?

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Does C.A.S.T. stand for the Campaign Against Spamming Trolls?

It's the cycling action and survey team, Cardinal.    

And yes we are absolutely delighted at the government's decision to review the current legislation.   I can also reveal we've held  positive talks with  Humza Yousaf  - and while we'll strongly condone his entry into this years 'Pedal For Scotland' event - he's been supportive of our proposals.  

So this is absolutely a champagne day for the campaign.   Cyclists might not like it but if it saves the life of a single Caucasian girl with bunches in her hair then it's worth it.   We've of course got hard evidence from our surveys that stronger penalties would change the way people cycle.    I recall one of our earliest surveys which asked about skipping red lights and over 95% of respondents who admitted jumping red lights said they'd consider their actions if it carried a fixed penalty of 25 years in jail.    That's my point Cardinal.  

2 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

It's the cycling action and survey team, Cardinal.    

And yes we are absolutely delighted at the government's decision to review the current legislation.   I can also reveal we've held  positive talks with  Humza Yousaf  - and while we'll strongly condone his entry into this years 'Pedal For Scotland' event - he's been supportive of our proposals.  

So this is absolutely a champagne day for the campaign.   Cyclists might not like it but if it saves the life of a single Caucasian girl with bunches in her hair then it's worth it.   We've of course got hard evidence from our surveys that stronger penalties would change the way people cycle.    I recall one of our earliest surveys which asked about skipping red lights and over 95% of respondents who admitted jumping red lights said they'd consider their actions if it carried a fixed penalty of 25 years in jail.    That's my point Cardinal.  

I do wonder why you have introduced racist overtones into your deranged justification of your crusade? Why did you feel the need to put Caucasian? Are you insinuating that other races do not justify changes in the law? 

3 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Has this guy struck before? I thought his last post was quite funny tbh.

Even as a (less frequent now) cyclist myself I bow to his dedication to the cause of eradicating the two-wheeled menace. His tenacity is really something. 

Even as a (less frequent now) cyclist myself I bow to his dedication to the cause of eradicating the two-wheeled menace. His tenacity is really something. 

I'm on the pro-cycling side (I don't drive so don't give a shit about cyclists but I used to like my bike when I was a kid so I'll back them up) but his post is close to converting me. The 25 year fixed penalty for driving through a red light seems a well thought out and sensible policy imo.

2 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

I can also reveal we've held  positive talks with  Humza Yousaf  - and while we'll strongly condone his entry into this years 'Pedal For Scotland' event...

Excellent. It's good to hear you're in favour of mass-participation, closed roads cycling events.

5 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Given that 100% of cyclists deaths are avoidable by them not cycling, I think a 10% conviction rate is far too high.  I am also convinced that only the deaths of these cyclists prevented them from being charged with criminal damage to the cars involved.

2 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

I do wonder why you have introduced racist overtones into your deranged justification of your crusade? Why did you feel the need to put Caucasian? Are you insinuating that other races do not justify changes in the 

Hopefully wasn't killed by a cyclist whilst typing that post. 

Archived