Stirling vs Annan

Looking forward to this. A game we should really be winning but you never know, said the same about the Clyde game.

Its almost guaranteed that Henderson is going to score, isn't it?

Let's face it if our defence allows that big useless c**t to score then I reckon we do not deserve the chance to get promoted

Game we should be winning by a couple of goals at least no disrespect to Annan but it's a home game where we should be getting the 3 points.

Up to now Henderson has only started one game for Annan come on a few times as substitute.
Hard to judge if he has improved since he was last at Annan.
I will be happy if he scores the winning goal on Saturday.

Not the greatest of performances from us today but we got the job done. Have to thank Callumn Morrison for his brace of goals today. Surprised Binnie was dropped for this game as his replacement Foden does not inspire me, still we manage to increase our lead at the top to 5 points. 

Very sloppy at times today but we got the win and thats what matters. If that game had been last season we would've 100% lost it.

Special mention to Henderson who won more headers today and caused more trouble than he did in his entire Albion career.

Despite 5 goals, quite a poor, laboured game for the most part. We huffed and puffed until the introduction of Kavanagh brought a bit of pace to the game. 

Annan countered us well for most of the game, and we did well to contain that and take what few good chances we had at the other end. 

Not pretty, but a win's a win. 

Oh, and that keeper we had today was utterly abysmal. 

Disappointing performance but absolutely delighted with the result, as Annan did deserve something from the game.

The decision to drop Binnie was a bold one by Mackay and I've got to be honest and say that Foden didn't fill me with much confidence,.

Luck seemed to be on our side with Darren Smith scoring despite looking offside and thankfully Callumn Morrison came up trumps again.

We just looked flat for much of the game and had too many passingers in the side. I can't help but think we missed Liam Caddis in the middle of the park because both Dickson & Robertson looked well off the pace of the match. MacDonald tried, but nothing happened for him and we looked shakey defensively.

This time last year, Elgin came to Forthbank and ran riot, how delighted I am to see that things have changed and the club can sit proudly at the top for another few weeks.

Happy with the result but the formation we played was a repeat of the formation up at Montrose and is maybe better suited to away from home.
Caddis was a big miss. He doesn’t put in as many killer forward passes as Dickson but his job is more subtle than that. Spreading the play around is what Caddis does well and Willie Robertson didn’t do that quite as well against Annan.
Kavanagh on the bench to come on might prove a decent weapon but I think we missed his work rate, not that the others lack in that department up front.
Keeper - oh dear - fans aren’t impressed by him.
Calumn Morrison is getting stronger every game. You’ve got to wonder if he has the legs over a season to play for both Hearts U20 and us, should we be lucky enough to extend his loan.

21 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

We've recently lost our highlights videographer for away games.

Surely Stirling Albion provide their own highlights at home games

I'm pretty sure someone was filming the game. If it's someone from the Uni Media dept. the highlights might not be available until later this week.

Archived