Advice for Madrid

Scosha

Apologies if there's a similar kind of thread.

Planning on heading to Madrid early next year for a weekend away. Enjoyed it earlier this year but wanting to go back and see more. 

Went to Real Madrid v Espanyol and picked up tickets on Viagogo - major mistake. Tickets let me through the barriers and got to the stated seats, only to find out the seats were for season ticket holders and those holders were already in the seats. Long-story short, the security there were good and appreciated it was a genuine error and allowed us to sit elsewhere since it wasn't a sellout. Does anyone know of any places to buy tickets for games on trusted sites? I don't want to go through that hassle again. 

20 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

For that game just buy them at the ground on the day. Unless it's Barca or Atletico it's not a problem.

I was thinking that may be an option. Just wasn't sure if it would be a risk and then end up not getting to see the game. 

I seriously doubt it. I walked up to Nou Camp last weekend for Barca v Espanyol, obviously a much bigger game, and got a ticket no bother.

Same in March for Madrid v Valencia.

I have been to about a dozen La Liga games over past few years in Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia and never had a problem getting tickets in match day.

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Did you sit there and shout "we beat you 4 times" for 90 minutes?

If you didnt, I'll bet you were thinking it.

They serve beer by the two pint glass in the pub outside the club shop (7 quid a time but that's not bad). I think I had one of them for every time I told the boy on the tour we beat them 4 times.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

For that game just buy them at the ground on the day. Unless it's Barca or Atletico it's not a problem.

I've done it a couple of times in Madrid. One time it was fine (against Elche) and one time it wasn't (against Sporting Gijon, who apparently are one of the few teams in Spain who have a decent-sized travelling support so their fans had bought up all the tickets).

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Looks straightforward to buy on the club website a few days before, or earlier if you stump up for membership.

I've got flights booked for me and the missus in March and hoping to go to Real v Girona, club website looks straightforward although you have to wait till about 2 weeks in advance. But yeah, been to a couple of Spanish games, Nou Camp and Tenerife, and just bought tickets at the booths. 

What I wanted to ask was, I see Atletico B play Real B the same weekend in the second division and wondered about trying to cram that in too. Does anybody know if they use the main stadium, do they get a big crowd etc, basically how simple will it be?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 15:09, Scosha said:

Apologies if there's a similar kind of thread.

Planning on heading to Madrid early next year for a weekend away. Enjoyed it earlier this year but wanting to go back and see more. 

Went to Real Madrid v Espanyol and picked up tickets on Viagogo - major mistake. Tickets let me through the barriers and got to the stated seats, only to find out the seats were for season ticket holders and those holders were already in the seats. Long-story short, the security there were good and appreciated it was a genuine error and allowed us to sit elsewhere since it wasn't a sellout. Does anyone know of any places to buy tickets for games on trusted sites? I don't want to go through that hassle again. 

I went to Atletico v Valencia in March.  Bought the ticket directly off club website - received by email and printed it out and all went smoothly. I was back in Madrid this month. I didn't get to a match but did take the metro out to their new stadium which looks fantastic. 

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:17, The Mantis said:

I've got flights booked for me and the missus in March and hoping to go to Real v Girona, club website looks straightforward although you have to wait till about 2 weeks in advance. But yeah, been to a couple of Spanish games, Nou Camp and Tenerife, and just bought tickets at the booths. 

What I wanted to ask was, I see Atletico B play Real B the same weekend in the second division and wondered about trying to cram that in too. Does anybody know if they use the main stadium, do they get a big crowd etc, basically how simple will it be?

Atletico B play at Nuevo Cerro del Espino, north west of Madrid, or they did.

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/ground/nuevo-cerro-del-espino/atletico-madrid-b

Archived