Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian - 23/09/17, 16:00.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it was your club that requested the change of venue for not getting their act together over your new stand and having us in the city on the same day as the scumbags, then you will have to lump it.

Aye playing at 3pm when an old firm game is on in the same city is simply unthinkable.
Could play Friday night? Lump it we shall, same old Hearts eh

8 hours ago, JCR said:

Hearts allocation sold out.

Quite a few clubs cashing in on the maroon pound of late.

55 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

We did it last season.

Aye, but the Hertz weren't in town that day. 8)

Right enough, 2000 Hearts fans or 200 from Perth has probably been factored in.
Let's be honest, though, Still a shanner of a decision.

In my opinion a 4pm kick off gives more room for trouble.

If the OF game kicks off at 12.15/12.30 then people will be getting out the ground and back to the city centre about 2.30/2.45 depending on the mode of transport. Hearts fans will most likely start to leave the city centre for Maryhill around 3.15pm so you have potential for a crossover in pubs or, probably worse, one group leaving pubs just as the other arrives.

With a 3pm kick off the chances of this would be a lot less. I assume it's also police related in terms of staff numbers but surely you wouldn't expect trouble at Thistle vs Hearts?

23 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

In my opinion a 4pm kick off gives more room for trouble.

If the OF game kicks off at 12.15/12.30 then people will be getting out the ground and back to the city centre about 2.30/2.45 depending on the mode of transport. Hearts fans will most likely start to leave the city centre for Maryhill around 3.15pm so you have potential for a crossover in pubs or, probably worse, one group leaving pubs just as the other arrives.

With a 3pm kick off the chances of this would be a lot less. I assume it's also police related in terms of staff numbers but surely you wouldn't expect trouble at Thistle vs Hearts?

I agree. The last thing you want is folk with a couple of pints in them making wisecracks at Rangers fans after they've been humped. Better that those fans are safe inside Firhill at that time.

Archived