Rangers, Hibernian, Aberdeen, Celtic cup semis the rules

Guest DAVIDB69

Guest DAVIDB69

How many times has this happened the last few years, possibly fourth time .

It just seems it's only these teams that ever get to semis these days

Tbh, if we get beat by Motherwell on Thursday I'll not exactly be distraught 

Another Hampden defeat by Celtic being on the cards does not appeal in the slightest 

12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

This thread is going to look pretty stupid when Dundee end Celtic's unbeaten domestic run tomorrow. 

That was what I was thinking.

Hibs scraped through against lower league opposition. Rangers needed extra time.

If Celtic play a weakened team and/or Dundee have a great performance, they could go through. We are only 60/40* to go through at most. We're not playing that well and Motherwell will definitely fancy their chances.

ETA: *Just checked and we are actually 4/6 with bet365. Wasn't a bad guess from me.

13 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

How many times has this happened the last few years, possibly fourth time .

It just seems it's only these teams that ever get to semis these days

Are you suggesting that it's fixed?

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

That was what I was thinking.

Hibs scraped through against lower league opposition. Rangers needed extra time.

If Celtic play a weakened team and/or Dundee have a great performance, they could go through. We are only 60/40* to go through at most. We're not playing that well and Motherwell will definitely fancy their chances.

ETA: *Just checked and we are actually 4/6 with bet365. Wasn't a bad guess from me.

thats a poor price tbh given aberdeen are away, 4 points and 4 goals between you in the league as well isnt much,

8 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

thats a poor price tbh given aberdeen are away, 4 points and 4 goals between you in the league as well isnt much,

You can get 37/50 from Marathon Bet but I'll not be putting any cash on it and I wouldn't advise anyone else to. Mind you, I'd always advise to avoid putting a bet on us. 

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

You can get 37/50 from Marathon Bet but I'll not be putting any cash on it and I wouldn't advise anyone else to. Mind you, I'd always advise to avoid putting a bet on us. 

motherwell at 17/4 is quite attractive tbh, seems a strange gap in price given the season so far

Rangers in the semi's please. 

This would have excited me just a couple of weeks ago but with Hibs sucking Sevco dick recently all the hate has been taken out of games with these clubs (or companies depending on your view) now.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Never felt more meh about a cup quarter final than I feel about the game tonight,  given that it'll take some kind of miracle to stop Celtic winning it.

Quite funny to see Hibs fans getting excited about a semi-final given they scraped there in 2 home ties against the lowest ranked teams in the competition. Maybe for once they might draw Celtic in a semi-final, and we can see how they get on.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Never felt more meh about a cup quarter final than I feel about the game tonight,  given that it'll take some kind of miracle to stop Celtic winning it.

Quite funny to see Hibs fans getting excited about a semi-final given they scraped there in 2 home ties against the lowest ranked teams in the competition. Maybe for once they might draw Celtic in a semi-final, and we can see how they get on.

It's Scottish football we're on about here, we aren't ever going to win the league so why wouldn't we get excited about a Cup Semifinal? Cup competitions are what it's all about for clubs like Hibs. Big game and another day out.

Archived