Housties Heros vs Livi Losers [emoji13]

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Josh mullin has always impressed me boy seems like a baller.

Thought Cadden was the better of the two at first but Mullin has really come on the last couple of seasons, and is getting regular starts now. Him and Lithgow are much improved players since signing for us, and Lithgow has really impressed this season. I really thought he'd struggle in the Championship but he's been solid as feck in defence and has some real skills going forward too.

8 hours ago, RichieBairn said:

Gallagher for them was a second yellow but never a straight red. Their first goal, nothing wrong with it just poor defending by us. Can't think of any positives. I think McGhee looks class and Gallagher for me is getting better especially going forward. Loy waste of a jersey and Gaspo was a bomb scare when he came on and Sibbs poor. Austin was a handful when he came on but missing the one that hit the bar was unforgivable, harder to miss!! Miller takes the set piece outside the box that sails three feet over????

May I remind you left back is a position of defending first and foremost, we lost another goal today fortunately disallowed for a foul, when both him and Sibbald both went to the same man, where he shouldve marked the man who got an easy cross in. Id hate/love to see stats on how many goals we have lost so far down our left hand side....sorry but he is a wee boy playing a mans game at the moment. 

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Genuinely confusing to see this happen. Same manager who's done well in more difficult iterations of the Championship, decent squad.

It's plain to see he needs to go, surely a new manager will get that squad playing ok again. Got to act fast though: if rot has set in, for whatever reason, then it can take a while to recover, as we proved last season.

It is not a St Mirren mirror experience from last season tho, far too many fitting players out of the their actual positions, lack of how to and where to attack. 

A manager with a bit knowledge outside the old skool regime would or could have us playing as a team instantly, these players need a manager that isnt prehistoric in the his ways

5 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Aside from all the other reasons why it's a stupid statement, 58% possession isn't really even that high

Stats mean fuk all in todays game...

Leicester prove that last season

2.29 "we may have to be horrible and play the way Livingston does..."

There's been a real lack of graciousness in defeat from Falkirk on the two occasions we've played each other this season. To attribute our wins to "horrible" tactics says a lot about the holier than thou attitude among the players and management. It's bad enough to be snobbish about the way other teams play when you're having a good season, but this is laughable from Taiwo based on what we've seen from Falkirk so far.

19 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

2.29 "we may have to be horrible and play the way Livingston does..."

There's been a real lack of graciousness in defeat from Falkirk on the two occasions we've played each other this season. To attribute our wins to "horrible" tactics says a lot about the holier than thou attitude among the players and management. It's bad enough to be snobbish about the way other teams play when you're having a good season, but this is laughable from Taiwo based on what we've seen from Falkirk so far.

Jesus.

Do they run classes at Falkirk in how to roundly insult the side that's just gubbed them?  

It's good to see.  A complete lack of humility might help sustain the winless run they're on.

I said this in the Falkirk thread, but it seems like that management has convinced themselves and the players that we only try to play good football. It's bizarre, given that some of our greatest successes under Houston have come by shit-festing our way to victory. I'll take shit-festing to victory anytime over playing good football. 

Nevertheless, I'm baffled how Houston has come to the conclusion that we've always been great to watch. Whilst he's given us some fantastic results in his tenure, the standard of the football has been excruciating for 95% of it (the Hibs games two years back are a great example of this). I'd go as far as to say even the Pressley team's were better to watch and they were dreadful. 

5 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Not one single member of the player or management staff spoke a single word to Harris after his f*ck-up until he was subbed.  Quality leadership, man-management and togetherness shown.

Houston was probably happy to identify an easy scapegoat.

There is a total lack of togetherness on or off the pitch.

I love Tommy T but we've been honking to watch for over a year now, didn't see anything horrible about the way Livi played compared to us. They can't actually believe that we play football 'the right way'.

I thought Livi played well yesterday, they were organised in defence and took their chances when they got them, I'd take that all day long. Houston and Taiwo talking about our 4 great chances are missing the point that when 3 of them came we were already 2 nil down and Livi were managing the game out.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That defending, Jesus fucking Christ.

Also seen a lot of people criticising Tom Taiwo for that interview, but nobody seems to have picked up on the fact that he thought they'd "cracked it" after beating Sligo fucking Rovers 2-1 in the Irn Bru Cup.

Fair play to the c**t though, that must be the first player I've seen capable of a Windsor knot, well-trimmed beard tae. Needs to ease up on the Vo5 wet-look though.

I thought the lad was gonna start the crocodile tears for a minute. 

Its fairly obvious that team isn't playing for the manager, and why would they when they are constantly being abused by said manager in the public, it was good acting from him but that's all it was. 

Its hilarious that anybody from Falkirk thinks they play good football, credit to most Falkirk fans they've said already they don't and haven't for best part of 2 seasons, that must be the most worrying thing for you, that players and management are deluding themselves and think they are. 

Just now, ilostmyself said:

I love Tommy T but we've been honking to watch for over a year now, didn't see anything horrible about the way Livi played compared to us. They can't actually believe that we play football 'the right way'.

I thought Livi played well yesterday, they were organised in defence and took their chances when they got them, I'd take that all day long. Houston and Taiwo talking about our 4 great chances are missing the point that when 3 of them came we were already 2 nil down and Livi were managing the game out.

Glad somebody has the sense to notice this, Houston went on about them only creating chances after they go behind, but in the 10 minute spell at the start of the 2nd half we absolutely rolled over Falkirk and could've been 5 nil up. After that we dropped off, took off Toddy for a defender to go 4 at the back, then subbed Mullen for a midfielder and were obv content to sit on our lead, which gave Falkirk the chance to come at us more. It was as much to do with Hoppy's tactics than anything Houston thought he had done. If he doesn't see that then you really have a massive problem, he seems oblivious to opposition  team tactics and can only see his own, which are clearly not working, because he actually does have good players, but they lack confidence and were woeful in their final ball yesterday.

1 hour ago, oot_the_loop said:

Not one single member of the player or management staff spoke a single word to Harris after his f*ck-up until he was subbed.  Quality leadership, man-management and togetherness shown.

Houston was probably happy to identify an easy scapegoat.

That is really poor.

Archived