Housties Heros vs Livi Losers [emoji13]

Loads of seethe on here today:whistle,if the lions play like they did last nite at Easter Road only one result.....an away win.

Personally have nowt against Falkirk or any smaw team outside the big 5,had the bairns as promotion candidates this season but so far it dosent seem to have clicked for them.

As some bairns fans have been saying its maybe houstie has been around too long at the FS.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely this Shadwell boy is at it? Surely?

Falkirk fans are a strange bunch. Good majority of them are alright, but there's a fairly healthy minority who genuinely believe they're due a place at the top table of Scottish football. It doesn't matter a f**k if you're averaging 3,000 or 30,000 - you've still been in this division for the past 7 years, and now you're slugging it out with dafties like us who average 700. :lol:

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

What big signing have we made? :D Lowest paid FT team in Scotland (more than likely). We're just lucky to be blessed with a god tier manager. Tactical mastermind, genius and outright legend.

A manager only Grangemouth could dream of...

Only time will tell on whether you've changed your ways but you've been in admin what twice already so I think we can safely say you've been trying to compete above your station using money you don't have which has nearly killed your club twice.  Did the same manager not get you relegated two seasons ago . A tactical mastermind that couldn't beat Stranraer!

10 hours ago, Afro said:

Surely this Shadwell boy is at it? Surely?

Falkirk fans are a strange bunch. Good majority of them are alright, but there's a fairly healthy minority who genuinely believe they're due a place at the top table of Scottish football. It doesn't matter a f**k if you're averaging 3,000 or 30,000 - you've still been in this division for the past 7 years, and now you're slugging it out with dafties like us who average 700. :lol:

If we get promoted we'll at least do it without putting our club at risk.  I've no problem with teams like Hamilton  punching above their weight as their a well run club who make the most of what they've got. What I abhor are teams that spunk money they don't have to lord it over other clubs for a few years before getting bailed out and then doing the same again a few years later having learned nothing. To me one chance at admin is all you should get and then that should be you out the league. I include Dundee in this too by the way.

If we get promoted we'll at least do it without putting our club at risk.  I've no problem with teams like Hamilton  punching above their weight as their a well run club who make the most of what they've got. What I abhor are teams that spunk money they don't have to lord it over other clubs for a few years before getting bailed out and then doing the same again a few years later having learned nothing. To me one chance at admin is all you should get and then that should be you out the league. I include Dundee in this too by the way.

Is your head in the sand or are you just trolling? Livi probably pay the lowest wage of any FT club in Scotland bar Airdrie; the skeleton of the club is part-time and we've just made £100k from our League Cup run.

Please describe how we're spunking money and lording it up.

20 minutes ago, Afro said:

Is your head in the sand or are you just trolling? Livi probably pay the lowest wage of any FT club in Scotland bar Airdrie; the skeleton of the club is part-time and we've just made £100k from our League Cup run.

Please describe how we're spunking money and lording it up.

I'm not talking about your current circumstances. As I said only time will tell whether you have changed your tune.  Livie have been an embarrassment as a club for years now . I well remember how they cherry picked all the best players from other championship sides to get promoted to the top flight . Cherry picked with cash they actually never had.  Going bust then had very little effect as they got off scott free only to end up doing it all over again.  Hardly a season goes by without talk of court battles and money being ring fenced for debts. As I said only time will tell whether Livie are living within their means for once but that doesnt mean everything that they've done in the past should get brushed under the carpet.

55 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Shadwell how can you use words like abhor but can't tell the difference between their they're and there ? Just a side note like.

I just cant be arsed with wasting time on perfect punctuation on a message board to be honest.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Short memory then, or do you abhor Falkirk too. http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12300623.Falkirk_FC_chairman_defends_record/

''We held on to Premier Division players when we were relegated in a bid to entertain the fans and gain promotion, and these players have got to be paid. But, at the same time, we have had average home crowds of just over 2000, which is about half the number we need.''

Unfortunately the quote is not quite true - we never deliberately held onto them. They were paid far too much so we couldn't get them off the books until their deals ran out!

Funnily enough our home attendance is about 4000 now which is why we're attracting all those highly paid and talented players to sweep all before us victoriously.

It should be pointed out also, that FFC went into administration (or provisional liquidation as it was known then) in 1998 and paid 100% of our debts. In 2011 or 12 when we were struggling again, we never went into administration.  Not that that lucky escape excuses our utterly gormless management.

35 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Unfortunately the quote is not quite true - we never deliberately held onto them. They were paid far too much so we couldn't get them off the books until their deals ran out!

Funnily enough our home attendance is about 4000 now which is why we're attracting all those highly paid and talented players to sweep all before us victoriously.

It should be pointed out also, that FFC went into administration (or provisional liquidation as it was known then) in 1998 and paid 100% of our debts. In 2011 or 12 when we were struggling again, we never went into administration.  Not that that lucky escape excuses our utterly gormless management.

We had a similar situation when we were demoted to the basement of the league following Massone's asset stripping tenure. We had several players on division one contracts playing in division three (as was then).

We weren't able to get rid of them as they were already contracted prior to the demotion although some chose to move or accept a loan to another club rather than play in division 3.

Unlike Falkirk though our home attendance hasn't really recovered even though we're probably playing some of the best football we've played for years. Also O see that Falkirk do (or did) make use of the stadium for non-football events which must have helped the coffers a bit; I think we were restricted in doing the same due to the proximity of residential areas.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Short memory then, or do you abhor Falkirk too. http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12300623.Falkirk_FC_chairman_defends_record/

Can't remember us ever not paying our debts in full unlike you lot and your hapennys to the pound cva's. I would have packed in following falkirk if we'd shafted our local businesses even once never mindtwice but I'm glad to say we've always paid every penny back.  We're not cheats unlike Livie.

Archived