Premiership age milestones

He was born in March 2000, so I'd be stunned if anyone was earlier.

Apparently Dean Campbell of Aberdeen is the first 2000 debutant, and Aitchison is the first 2000 goalscorer.

Aitchison was the first player born in 2000 to appear in the Premiership (or any division of the SPFL), and he scored on his debut.  Since then, a few others have done so.

Dean Campbell was the first player born in 2001 to appear in the Premiership.

He was born in March 2000, so I'd be stunned if anyone was earlier.
Innes Cameron at Killie, born 22nd Aug 2000, made his debut against St Johnstone on 23rd Dec 2016 in a 1-0 loss, is younger the Jack Aitchison, born 5th March 2000.  

He also probably holds some kind of record, just a guess, being on the subs bench 15 times last season whilst still attending school.

On a footnote.... Killie knocked back a £200k bid for him from Derby County during the summer, according to Lee McCulloch & John Kiltie at the supporters AGM.

Innes Cameron at Killie, born 22nd Aug 2000, made his debut against St Johnstone on 23rd Dec 2016 in a 1-0 loss, is younger the Jack Aitchison, born 5th March 2000.  He also probably holds some kind of record, just a guess, being on the subs bench 15 times last season whilst still attending school.

On a footnote.... Killie knocked back a £200k bid for him from Derby County during the summer, according to Lee McCulloch & John Kiltie at the supporters AGM.

Aitchison made his debut on the 15th May 2016. So it's still him.

Definitive answer so far seems to be..

First Appearance - Jack Aitchison (15/5/16 v Motherwell)

First goalscorer - Jack Aitchison (15/5/16 v Motherwell)

First start -?

First start -?

I'm not disputing that RG, just that Cameron is 3mths younger.....

Cool, thou the youngest player ever to make an SPL debut was Scott Robinson for Hearts in 2008 .....

Yeah, but the threads about the Premiership

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

First start -?

I don't think anyone born in the 2000s has started a Premiership game yet. Dean Campbell (Aberdeen), Jack Aitchison (Celtic), Innes Cameron (Killie) and Euan Henderson (Hearts) have all played, but their appearances have all been as a sub.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think anyone born in the 2000s has started a Premiership game yet. Dean Campbell (Aberdeen), Jack Aitchison (Celtic), Innes Cameron (Killie) and Euan Henderson (Hearts) have all played, but their appearances have all been as a sub.

Cool,  I was just looking for the earliest time that a 2000-born player appeared or scored, rather than who was the youngest to have done so. So, we still haven't had someone born since 2000 start a league match, will keep eyes peeled. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived