Wishaw v St Roch's

ScottMcCorry

Only 3 games on in the Central First this weekend, with all 3 being relatively decent games...Neilston hosting the Bens, and Port Glasgow entertaining the Vics...but (obviously biased) my eye is on teh Wishaw v St Roch's match.

Wishaw have had the better of the Candy in recent times , in the last 2 seasons, Wishaw have won both matches at the Beltane (3 if you include the abandoned match) and drawn and lost 2-1 at James McGrory Park, which as i recall, we were delighted to take the points that day.

They have a certain style with made our side uncomfortable and even the 3-3 game last season,  Wishaw were 3 up at half time.

However, both sides have had a bit of a upheaval in the summer. The Candy have reshaped almost their whole team, whilst the  Wishaw manager has departed.

I am nervous about the encounter but encouraged that we are starting to see a team taking shape...how has Wishaw coped with their managerial change and did any players follow him?

Opinions on the match please?

From what I have seen, the change of manager at Wishaw has not affected the squad much.

2 wins and 1 loss since the new management team took over, so not a bad start in anyone's books. 

The defeat against Benburb was a difficult one to take, however it wasn't a terrible performance by the team. In my opinion, it just didn't go Wishaw's way on the day and I have seen them play much worse and come away with a victory. One of those games!

I missed Saturdays impressive win against Thorniewood, but heard it was pretty convincing and a great way to bounce back from the Ben's defeat.

Wishaw have kept the same squad, the only player that departed, but wasn't with Chris, he went to Cambuslang. We have added a few, not sure who they are or where they have come from but outwith that it's pretty much the same team.

Should make a great day on Saturday!

From what I have seen, the change of manager at Wishaw has not affected the squad much.
2 wins and 1 loss since the new management team took over, so not a bad start in anyone's books. 
The defeat against Benburb was a difficult one to take, however it wasn't a terrible performance by the team. In my opinion, it just didn't go Wishaw's way on the day and I have seen them play much worse and come away with a victory. One of those games!
I missed Saturdays impressive win against Thorniewood, but heard it was pretty convincing and a great way to bounce back from the Ben's defeat.
Wishaw have kept the same squad, the only player that departed, but wasn't with Chris, he went to Cambuslang. We have added a few, not sure who they are or where they have come from but outwith that it's pretty much the same team.
Should make a great day on Saturday!

Did your keeper leave ??

The squad is much the same as last season apart from  spud and scot falconer went to Kilsyth Barry Elly to cambuslang  in came Liam o Kane royal Albert Dillon young Stirling Albion Steven smith Alloa andy Duffy hamilton and Vinnie Mcguire returned to wishaw after going to mill Utd for a season 

Glad to get this game out the way now rather 6 or 7 months time when every point might count in a run in to decide who goes up or down. Any team that comes out of Wishaw with a victory has earned it's crust. If we get a point or three then fair enough. And if not then let the Corinthian Spirit wash over us. Magnanimous in victory, Gracious in defeat.

27 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Sure Wishaw keeper from last season was in goal for Blantyre against us a couple of weeks
Also checked the weather forecast ( bbc met office ) rainfall not as heavy as suggested

Nope, keeper is still with us.

I checked the same forecast you did.  Rain likely between  0200 and 1100 Thur and 0900 and 1300 on Friday. 

It all depends on how much rain actually falls as always.  We got our match on a couple of weeks ago when others didn't.

Archived