Let Down XI

R.R.FC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Ayr United Let downs:

Lee Power - We signed him from Hibs and he had an impressive CV of clubs behind him such as Norwich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bradford and Petersbough, but did buggar all for us and made a hand full of appearances

Barry Prenderville - Another one with high expectations signing from Hibs whom he was on loan to from Coventry and then got released, I recall he got sent off in his handful of appearances and then disappeared

Mark Duthie - Think he was playing a blinder for Meadowbank Livi and we decided to pay some cash for him, I cant recall anything of note positive from his time with us, and no idea what happened to him afterwards

Alex Bone - Scored a tonne of goals for Stirling Albion and we then decide to spend a reported £80k on him. according to Wikipedia, a total of 8 appearances and 2 goals before he was loaned out and then found the scoring knack again for teams up north.

Bobby Donnolly - Fat unfit mess!

Steven Boyack - Huge Potential as a youngster, barely anything to write about in his loan appearances for Ayr before being able to forge a career with Hearts

Alan Trouten, Craig Samson, Brian Christiansen, Colin McDonald, Nigel Jemson (After signing a contract) Thomas Gill, Jamie Thomas

I then go into the globe of Raymond Logan, Chris Strain, Andy Essler, Junior Mendes, Mark Casey, Dougie Ramsay, Neil Murray and you wonder why some younger Ayr fans theses days cant believe I'm quite content with the set up we have at the moment. Living in the past ofcourse

Mark Peers is another worthy of inclusion. Came from Liverpool and had allegedly set up 90% of Michael Owen's goals all the way through the youth leagues.

From memory he actually looked decent and them just vanished from the team.

I might be in the minority, and it might be due to the others who were playing with him at the time, but I quite liked Outarra and would have been pleased to see him come back in the next season. 

Outarra was the right back eh? He was the only one that looked half decent

9 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Weaver :lol: I remember for some inexplicable reason Ayr United fans were clamouring for him to always play because allegedly he was our best  player (Or, more accurately, the least shit). 

Weaver absolutely owned Cappielow one time to the degree that the home support applauded him hitting the bar in glorious fashion.

I am astonished there has been no mention of Stuart Auld, who proceeded to gift two goals in a home derby against the Scheme XI and was directly responsible for the third. I think played one game after that. Never forgotten. Never forgiven! Also mention of Justin Jackson a stalwart of the Stainrod era. We are a class act in comparison to some of the dross from a while back.

Archived