Queen's Park vs Ayr United

I decided to go along to this game yesterday as St Mirren weren't playing and I live close by. I don't think Ayr played particularly well, but they were a level above Queens Park.

The QP forwards are clearly low on confidence and the lack of any sort of pace won't be doing them any favours. Is it always your right back that takes your penalties? Not one of the strikers looked like they wanted a go at it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why they don't do this.

Cost. Opening the other side of the centre stand would require double stewards plus the food stands for the same amount of revenue.

To the Ayr fans who moaned about the view, I just want you to know you're the first to have mentioned it since we stopped playing Clyde. Nothing more needs said. Search your souls.

Cost. Opening the other side of the centre stand would require double stewards plus the food stands for the same amount of revenue.

To the Ayr fans who moaned about the view, I just want you to know you're the first to have mentioned it since we stopped playing Clyde. Nothing more needs said. Search your souls.

As an Ayr fan who was at the game yesterday. I have to say that the view was fine, better than Starks park for instance. The facilities were good, the pricing policy very reasonable and the atmosphere in such a large empty stadium really wasn't bad.

Feed the shank and he will score...
Decent performance from QP but unfortunately it's about putting the ball in the net [emoji17]
Ayr dangerous in final third but distinctly average apart from that
At least we created chances unbelievable misses from Galt and Docherty in addition to Millen's pen and follow up from Donnelly
Not sure the big man's the answer but then again thought the same about Zanatta after his initial appearances last season
I'd like to see Tony Orr get a run as think he's the best option we've got up front but Gus must be seein something I'm not
On the plus side summers and iredale look like quality additions and Brady had another great game not sure why he wasn't MoM

MotM is a sponsored event, often people who aren't fans. For some fans who sponsor, it's just a chance to get a fotie with their favourite player. Anton will get his share I'm sure. [emoji106]

46 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I thought I had a good view.  Always like sitting at that bit of Hampden. 

20170923_150032.jpg

Courtesy of Queens Park and QTV Sports. (I was getting soaked moonlighting at the Glenafton v Threave Scottish Cup game...)

I want a word with the guy from Queens Park who left out Jamie Adams putting an opposing player 3ft in the air.

After watching the highlights I haven't changed my mind, that was never a penalty in a million years. Two in two games unbelievable!

Don't disagree but defender was clumsy and Galt makes the most of the contact
Couple of harsh bookings fotheringham early on and Ayr 5(?) towards the end
Ball won in both challenges but any loss of control in the tackle seems to be an automatic card?

Don't disagree but defender was clumsy and Galt makes the most of the contact
Couple of harsh bookings fotheringham early on and Ayr 5(?) towards the end
Ball won in both challenges but any loss of control in the tackle seems to be an automatic card?

I thought our yellow was fair enough.

6 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

As an Ayr fan who was at the game yesterday. I have to say that the view was fine, better than Starks park for instance. The facilities were good, the pricing policy very reasonable and the atmosphere in such a large empty stadium really wasn't bad.

I thought the views are Starks Park were excellent, given the excellent views the away fans had of incidents at the far end.

After watching the highlights I haven't changed my mind, that was never a penalty in a million years. Two in two games unbelievable!

Granted it was in the soft category but Galt just moved the ball a split second before your man tackled and all he got was Davie's boot. That's all it need these days.

Look on the bright side; your goalie got the biggest cheer of the day as a consequence.

Obviously Millen should have buried the penalty but why is Donnelly hitting the rebound straight back to where the goalie has just got up from? Puts it the other way and we're level.  Docherty also doing similar with his sitter . Anywhere but straight at the guy on the line. Both finishes sadly lacking composure. 

It's a bit easier to reduce your prices when you don't have the hassle of paying your players a wage.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Obviously Millen should have buried the penalty but why is Donnelly hitting the rebound straight back to where the goalie has just got up from? Puts it the other way and we're level.  Docherty also doing similar with his sitter . Anywhere but straight at the guy on the line. Both finishes sadly lacking composure. 

Even Galt's chance. When you see it from behind the goal, it's the sort of chance you'd normally expect him to burst the net with. 

Archived