Shankland       Moffat 

Would like to see 532 to shore up the defence:
                             Hart
               Reid Rose Higgins 
  Geggan                                   Ferguson
               Docherty       Adams 
                           McDaid
              Shankland       Moffat 

Get your point but not for me - if we're playing wing backs we need them to be good at driving forward with the ball themselves. Neither of them can. That side would have zero width and mead to Adams and Docherty getting dragged out wide defensively and Shankland et al doing the same going forward. Alternatively it could work wonders! [emoji23]

Brutal stuff from Ayr at times, but a good result in the end.  McDaid and Moffat had real off days when I thought they'd enjoy the big open pitch.  I sincerely hope I don't ever again have to endure a left side of Gilmour and Reid - absolutely honking.  Special mention for Hampden Park - an 800 crowd in a 50,000 seat stadium and you still get a shite view.  Place needs bulldozed.

6 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Brutal stuff from Ayr at times, but a good result in the end.  McDaid and Moffat had real off days when I thought they'd enjoy the big open pitch.  I sincerely hope I don't ever again have to endure a left side of Gilmour and Reid - absolutely honking.  Special mention for Hampden Park - an 800 crowd in a 50,000 seat stadium and you still get a shite view.  Place needs bulldozed.

Was Reid at left back then? Wasn't at the game but someone mentioned Gilmour as MOTM on AUMedia, take it you disagree.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Was Reid at left back then? Wasn't at the game but someone mentioned Gilmour as MOTM on AUMedia, take it you disagree.

Reid was left back.  Gilmour had a good assist for the goal, but as a left midfielder he just doesn't provide any actual pace, movement or width.  Couple that with Reid who looked every inch a right sided centre back trying to play left back and it was all horribly laboured and static.  Really painful to watch.  Not sure I'd blame either player exactly - just 2 players being asked to play positions they patently can't.. No idea where the au media guys are getting MOTM from, though in truth no one played that well.  Hart for the penalty save or Shankland for his goal would be the obvious choices.

Archived