Queen's Park vs Ayr United

Having been soundly pumped by Raith last time out (thanks very effing much by the way), Queen's Park will be hoping to get back on track against an Ayr United side who have scored a barrowload so far but seem to have no idea how to keep the ball out of their own net. 

Ayr are in poor form, however it doesn't particularly help much when some absolute throbber with a whistle decides to award penalties for 'handball' when the ball strikes Sir James Adams on the noggin. Hopefully we can get back to winning ways in this one, I'd say we deserve a bit of luck after the last couple of games and with The Spiders shipping 5 last week, we will hopefully have enough to outscore them.

Queen's Park 1-3 Ayr United. 

Lump your money on BTTS.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, an86 said:

Defenders, head/leather the ball up/out of the park if in the tiniest doubt. Don't be 2-0 down by 3.08pm. Build from there. There's yer gameplan.

You need someone in the final third too, as you had very little threat. Tbh, I'd be surprised if you find a team as clinical as we were last Saturday. 

10 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

I think 5-0  flattered us a wee bit last week,

QP are a good team. Need to be a bit more clinical in the last third, that was very clear from the highlights of the game too.

They had a LOT of possession but could not finish.

Mon the Spiders!!

All very true Wee Sandy but scrutiny of the goals showed we did ourselves no favour. At the first, an experienced (ex-SPL) player is marking our goalie whilst giving plenty of space to the scorer. The second was down to the goalie. Couldn't understand at the time why he lifted his hands away and after three re-runs I still don't. Perhaps the worst example was the one that cracked off the post - two, experienced centre-backs back-pedaling and allowing the striker to get within shooting distance. Take nothing away from your boys, they did their jobs perfectly but there's plenty of room for improvement at the back for QP. If Ayr are lively up front as the guys here are saying, it might be another dull day.:unsure:

59 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The second was down to the goalie. Couldn't understand at the time why he lifted his hands away and after three re-runs I still don't. 

It was a strange one and very unlike Wullie. The only thing I can possibly think of is that a mistimed challenge may have resulted in a red card and, for whatever reason, we didn't have a backup keeper on Saturday. Can only imagine what horrors would have unfolded with 10 men and an outfield keeper. Either that, or he just made a bollocks of it. He doesn't do it often.

It was a strange one and very unlike Wullie. The only thing I can possibly think of is that a mistimed challenge may have resulted in a red card and, for whatever reason, we didn't have a backup keeper on Saturday. Can only imagine what horrors would have unfolded with 10 men and an outfield keeper. Either that, or he just made a bollocks of it. He doesn't do it often.

I'll go with your first option.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

One as far as I know. The Horseshoe where the bus usually leaves from has closed down so bus now leaving from John Street. 

Cheers. Suppose a lot will just drive up or get the train. Hardly ideal when every pub we try to use as a 'base' ends up shutting down..

Archived