Saintees v Accies: Battle of the Young Teams

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game of two halves. Accies deservedly ahead at half time after playing some good stuff. Saints had a few half chances but seemed wide open to Accies movement and 1-2's through us. We were mostly predictable with a long punt upto Cummins, other than Scougall trying to get it down and play.

Second half Saints dominated and overall deserved the points I thought. We didn't play much particularly great football, it just seemed to be upping our tempo and getting on top of the midfield. It was mostly balls up the channels and winning throw ins high up the park and wearing Accies down. 4 excellent crosses from the left hand side, 1 Cummins headed over just after HT, Maclean glanced one wide, and the other two resulted in goals.

Our defence looked far more solid second half, and Easton came onto a good game. We seemed to go 3-4-1-2 with Foster(then Spoony) and Tanser pushed on.. might just have been because we were pushing forward a lot though.

Strange second half from Accies, with this new found total football style have they lost their traditional battling qualities? Completely fell out of it.

I wasn't that enamoured with our line up at the start, but i have to say fair play to Tommy Wright for all his changes today. Second half starting 4-3-1-2 with Scougall in behind, Tanser on for Craig brought fresh legs and energy, and a couple of great crosses. Great to see Midge get the last 5-10 minutes as well.  

Thought Murray hadn't been that great to be honest, but that towering header to win it was magnificent!  

12 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Second half showing definitely merited the three points. Some great crosses from tanser . Thought cummins had a decent game also. Got to be happy with three points after a very average first half showing.

Agree, thought Cummins gave everything and made a positive contribution. Great cross for Macca's goal as well

Football's shite. While we weren't good in the second half, Bingham still had two good chances and Tomas - I think - hit the bar from a header.
Imrie was an utter, utter fud at the end. Had a throw-in in the last minute or so to try and get up the park, but he decided to chase after a St Johnstone player to square up to him.
I was gutted that McLean's goal went in simply due to how good that save was from Woods.

15 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

yawn

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It was Bert, as was expected to be honest. Thank f**k we had the 100 Accies fans to boost it though!

If it's any consolation chaps, I wasn't actually at the game and I'm just trying to entertain myself on a boring Saturday night. Congrats on the result.

Fair play to Tommy for changing things and bringing on Tanser as an advanced wing back with less defensive responsibility, thought this was a great move. I'm a massive Davidson & Maclean and goals aside don't feel either were at their best today. Our CMs were so slow at moving the ball forward (Paton in particular). Crawford drove at us time and time again and our midfield seemed to part like the sea. He's the type of player I genuinely think would flourish at us. That said it was a great comeback and fairly entertaining game. Sounds particularly negative but just feel that although we got the win, it's difficult to pin many players who had very good games for us

Fair play to Tommy for changing things and bringing on Tanser as an advanced wing back with less defensive responsibility, thought this was a great move. I'm a massive Davidson & Maclean and goals aside don't feel either were at their best today. Our CMs were so slow at moving the ball forward (Paton in particular). Crawford drove at us time and time again and our midfield seemed to part like the sea. He's the type of player I genuinely think would flourish at us. That said it was a great comeback and fairly entertaining game. Sounds particularly negative but just feel that although we got the win, it's difficult to pin many players who had very good games for us

I thought Crawford was poor. Gave the ball away far too many times in good positions, although his set-piece deliveries were pretty good.

Archived