Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams

Fide

Anyone else watching this?  A series of individual stories, all based on Philip K Dick novels.

The first one was on at the weekend, The Hoodmaker.  I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  It's always going to be difficult cramming a full story into an hour, but I thought they did a decent job.  Richard Madden and, in particular, Holliday Grainger, were excellent.

Thoughts lads?

I'm a Dick fan (yip) and I really did enjoy the first episode. It did feel a bit budget Ridley Scott, reminded me of the 80's Day of the Triffids BBC adaptation, but the story was good and the ideas thought provoking.  Good cast too. Will watch again.

1 hour ago, Puppets said:

I'm a Dick fan (yip) and I really did enjoy the first episode. It did feel a bit budget Ridley Scott, reminded me of the 80's Day of the Triffids BBC adaptation, but the story was good and the ideas thought provoking.  Good cast too. Will watch again.

Yep it had that vibe about it.  Washed out blues and greens and a concrete dystopia.

On 19/09/2017 at 05:08, Fide said:

It's always going to be difficult cramming a full story into an hour, but I thought they did a decent job. 

According to a mate of mine, who is a HUGE Dick fan (Kenneth Williams photo here) the original story is only seven pages long so not that difficult.

I thought that it was a dodgy robot, especially when it did the red eyes thing.

Rather reckless of the lad to throw his life away for some old bird he didn't know. But he's dead now so his pal and the robot can share a bit suitcase of cash and have some adventures.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I thought that it was a dodgy robot, especially when it did the red eyes thing.

Rather reckless of the lad to throw his life away for some old bird he didn't know. But he's dead now so his pal and the robot can share a bit suitcase of cash and have some adventures.

Have you ever considered a career in reviewing media,  DA?

Archived