Kilmarnock v Dundee

I’ll happily take a point at Killie at the moment. We have Haber (and Moussa) to come back Meekings - all of whom strengthen the squad. What the f**k is wrong with Scott Allan, he’s fucked after 1/2 an hour ffs. I disagree re Cammy, we’ve no option anyway but I thought he did well against the wonder boy on Wednesday - no?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesse Curran seems to be getting moulded into a RB by McCann and Jimmy Boyle. You'd think this is his last season at us if he doesn't at least put some pressure on Cammy this season. It's an unenviable task for the lad but the opportunity is there.

The goal that we conceded was absolutely outrageous. Three chances to get rid of it thrown away. We can't continue to defend this way and expect to stay up. Particularly if we're missing the chances Boyd and Erwin were handed.

Also - undoubtedly talented, but does Scott Allan actually want to be a footballer? Visibly overweight and could have come off a bit before he did.

Also - undoubtedly talented, but does Scott Allan actually want to be a footballer? Visibly overweight and could have come off a bit before he did.

Have to agree. Apparently he’s a diabetic. I wonder if it’s something to do with that. He has no energy whatsoever. What a waste of a player.

Depends on what type of diabetes he has. My wife has type 1 and her weight is down to her. Good diet and fitness is the key for her.
Allan just seems to be well off the pace. He will have 1 good game eventually

What’s your view on Bain today G Man?

Sorry to hear the Killie Pie was disappointing today. The best pie I’ve had this year is the special pie at Pittodrie. Fookin fantastic.

I disagree with that. Killie are likely to be down the bottom with us and we failed to pick up 3 points when they're currently at their lowest having not won in 6 games, and only having scored 3 times in those games. For us to kick on, we really needed 3 points today.
Hearts at home then Celtic away are our next 2 games. Hopefully we can take something from Hearts.

That's tame compared to our next 5 games, home to Ross Co next Saturday then 4 away to Partick, Rangers, Celtic & Hearts ffs

McCann's post match interview irked me somewhat. He's refreshingly honest and McCann was one of my all time hero's growing up but I disagree with him massively at times. He says that the phenomenonal effort we put in on Wednesday (Eh?) had an effect in what he described as our worst performance of the season yesterday (what's people's thoughts on that). He went on to say how much he hates Killie's pitch and how Kilmarnock must hate it as well considering they don't train on it anymore. I disagree with the hatred of plastic pitches (Although I heard the bounce was ridiculous today). I've played on a few myself (Forfar and Falkirk's) and think it's an old fashioned mentality that plastic is bad. I also wonder how McCann will react if he's manager of us by the time our new stadium is built, if, it is built, I'd imagine the Americans would be looking to implement an artificial pitch as well considering the financial benefit and the fact that a lot of their footballing philosophy has been inspired by our previous manager's ideas who rated artificial surfaces quite highly.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCann's post match interview irked me somewhat. He's refreshingly honest and McCann was one of my all time hero's growing up but I disagree with him massively at times. He says that the phenomenonal effort we put in on Wednesday (Eh?) had an effect in what he described as our worst performance of the season yesterday (what's people's thoughts on that). He went on to say how much he hates Killie's pitch and how Kilmarnock must hate it as well considering they don't train on it anymore. I disagree with the hatred of plastic pitches (Although I heard the bounce was ridiculous today). I've played on a few myself (Forfar and Falkirk's) and think it's an old fashioned mentality that plastic is bad. I also wonder how McCann will react if he's manager of us by the time our new stadium is built, if, it is built, I'd imagine the Americans would be looking to implement an artificial pitch as well considering the financial benefit and the fact that a lot of their footballing philosophy has been inspired by our previous manager's ideas who rated artificial surfaces quite highly.

As somebody with a recurring knee injury, I can say that in my personal experience even the most recent generation of artificial pitches are fucking murder for causing flare ups. I generally hold back and try not to exert myself too much while playing on them just in case I aggravate things. Given how many players also have histories of knee/hip injuries, I can fully understand why they feel like they can't play to the best of their abilities.

As somebody with a recurring knee injury, I can say that in my personal experience even the most recent generation of artificial pitches are fucking murder for causing flare ups. I generally hold back and try not to exert myself too much while playing on them just in case I aggravate things. Given how many players also have histories of knee/hip injuries, I can fully understand why they feel like they can't play to the best of their abilities.

Fair enough, I'm lucky enough to not have any long standing injuries and I must admit I don't fully understand why injuries are apparently worsened due to an artificial surface but in my own experience, I prefer artificial surfaces. That being said - that's probably because I'm used to playing on rock filled mud grounds.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair enough, I'm lucky enough to not have any long standing injuries and I must admit I don't fully understand why injuries are apparently worsened due to an artificial surface but in my own experience, I prefer artificial surfaces. That being said - that's probably because I'm used to playing on rock filled mud grounds.

I think it's something to do with the way it rebounds and returns to shape immediately after you stand on it (being like an aftershock to the muscles and tendons), something like a less pronounced version of a standing on a trampoline or mattress. Real turf's generally frozen/dry/compact and doesn't move under your feet, or it's loose/wet and just moves out of the way and stays where it ends up and as a result causes less stress on the joints.

13 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Wish we'd stop the short corner routine - it never works.

Short corners should be outlawed unless for a timewasting tactic. Straight red card for anyone doing it. Get the ball in the fucking box you c***s.

What’s your view on Bain today G Man?

He was excellent. Not really tested from much other than mid range, but his hands were brilliant. Very rarely needs two touches, and his distribution was really efficient.

I have a great pal who's an Alloa fan so I've known about him for some time - excellent performance.

7 hours ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

Agree with this completely. I've had two surgeries on my MCL and 3G pitches - even the most recent high quality ones like the new one at Craigie - are murder for causing bother with the knees. You can definitely see why players wouldn't want to play on them. I've given up playing 5's at Soccerworld because I could barely walk some days after playing up there. 

Short corners should be outlawed unless for a timewasting tactic. Straight red card for anyone doing it. Get the ball in the fucking box you c***s.

Totally agree and we need to sort out our throws in as well. We often see free kicks and corners ‘straight from the training ground’, throw ins should be the same. This waiting for the full back and a’ c**t is marked is fookin useless.

And I watched the Celtic game on the telly and we did put in an enormous effort. That was like Celtic playing Barca - for that reason I thought we lose this game.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Your the only person in the history of football that prefers artificial surfaces to grass. There is simply no need for premier league football to be played on AstroTurf. 

Your the only person in the history of football that prefers artificial surfaces to grass. There is simply no need for premier league football to be played on AstroTurf. 

I'm not. And yes there is, financially it is making more and more sense for Scottish clubs who aren't getting the crowds through the doors.

I'm not saying I prefer an artificial surface to a top quality grass pitch, I'm saying I prefer playing on it to the type of pitches I'm used to playing on ie, Sunday League level. And there's been a few top flight clubs that have had Sunday league level pitches (Motherwell and United a few year back being prime examples).

There are hundreds of clubs around the world in the same position. Their biggest asset and fixed cost is the stadium and you only use it for 30 hours a year. It’s surely not beyond the wit of man to design an artificial pitch which doesn’t exacerbate injuries ffs.

Archived