Emergency loans

Bambino7

35 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Try to avoid the loan companies as much as possible and head straight to citizens advice in the morning they may be able to help you.

Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciated.  Never found myself in so much of an isolated situation where I don't want to worry people or involve others.   Fk sake some things are shite. Thanks as well Lincoln 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Do the social still do emergency loans?

Not according to an auld boy I talked to last week. He'd forgotten the PIN for his Post Office account card and was going to be potless until a new PIN came out in the post. The DWP told him that crisis loans don't exist anymore, soz, not our problem  <_<

1 hour ago, Bambino7 said:

Anyone know of a loan company or group that you don't need a bank card to get one? Fucking shit circumstances has led to this. 

How much do you need and any any idea when you can pay it back?

Just now, welshbairn said:

He's getting f**k all from me until he tells us what shit he's in and whether or when I'll get my money back.

Edgy mate.

Only joking I understand.  If Bambino has been out shagging I might double my donation.

Metalurg Zapor.. eh aye Citizen's Advice or a Credit Union may help. Avoid the pay day loan mobs as said, unless it's a fairly low amount that won't put you too much on the back foot when you can pay it back and it is only the once. I ended up getting rollovers (not lottery type sadly) when I was about 19 and after not paying it back I was hounded by debt collection companies and ended up paying over a grand over 18 months. My credit rating is also in tatters which I'm now really worried about.

9 minutes ago, Karpaty said:

Metalurg Zapor.. eh aye Citizen's Advice or a Credit Union may help. Avoid the pay day loan mobs as said, unless it's a fairly low amount that won't put you too much on the back foot when you can pay it back and it is only the once. I ended up getting rollovers (not lottery type sadly) when I was about 19 and after not paying it back I was hounded by debt collection companies and ended up paying over a grand over 18 months. My credit rating is also in tatters which I'm now really worried about.

Never forget you're sitting on a goldmine. I  think I'd rather have my credit rating in tatters though...

Not according to an auld boy I talked to last week. He'd forgotten the PIN for his Post Office account card and was going to be potless until a new PIN came out in the post. The DWP told him that crisis loans don't exist anymore, soz, not our problem  <_>

Crises grants are still available but are administered now by the local authorities, not the DWP. Depending on your circumstances it might be worth giving them a call.

do not touch the quick, payday advance or whatever the f**k they call themselves loans mate, seen more than enough stories about c***s being in the shit with them for fucking years because of one emergency, even if you get paid or something next week it will still be a big chunk out your wages that you need to pay back or else massive interest papped on it
at a time like this you are better getting citizens advice as someone said, they may be able to help you even put off some payments for things until you get your shit sorted and a bit of stability
for the love of god dont touch they payday lender crooks though,

Absolutely this, I had no option but to do it with Wonga when I was unemployed to cover the cost of repairs to my car so I could get to interviews.

Half my first wage packet went to them for the loan even though I was paying back early.

Archived