Junior clubs poaching amateur players with no respect (Lanark Utd)

StuG92

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Innocent bystander said:

At the end of the day can a player play for an SJFA club whilst registered with a club registered to another body affiliated to the national association? Makes a bit of a mockery of the registration system if so.

I'm sure it will apply at any time of the day.

7 hours ago, Innocent bystander said:

At the end of the day can a player play for an SJFA club whilst registered with a club registered to another body affiliated to the national association? Makes a bit of a mockery of the registration system if so.

With permission from the other club, as a trialist. Once the SJFA/SFA member informs that they will sign the player, he must be released in order to do so.

Unfortunately this is the real world things like this happen all the players get tapped up at all levels.

I am sure there are amateur teams who tap other amateur teams for players, some with the promise of financial rewards.

Smaller clubs like the Albert lose players all the time to bigger clubs, again with the promise of financial rewards.   I am sure there are " Amateur clubs " who can take players away from junior clubs with financial rewards.

Is right no is it reality yes,  most times you depend on the bigger clubs playing by the rules few and far between .

Its the same with managers if they do well at a smaller club then again they are contacted at the end of the season or sooner by the bigger club.

On 9/19/2017 at 07:06, cmontheloknow said:

Cheers for the clarification Bo'L, the regulations need updating to work in the digital world! Does that option basically inform the other club and tell them to release him?

I presume that it does.  I've never had to use it because any amateur player we've signed was already released and a free agent at that time.  If I found myself in this situation I'd probably feel safer checking with Hampden but I'm assuming selecting it does the job.

On 18/09/2017 at 18:59, geomac100 said:

The whole club is a complete shambles and sadly have not moved forward with the times .
Sorry to hear about the poaching of players without gaining prior permission and this would not have happened in the past

The current committee should step down and allow football minded men to come on board and resuscitate the club, hear the club are in a poor way financially and recently cancelled their weekly sweep which provided much needed cash and with a committee void of ideas , they are in a poor state .

There are amateur teams being run better and I am sure Wishaw are such, always enjoyed playing Wishaw HSFP In my playing days and guys like Gus Boyle at the helm proper fitba men who know the score and could learn lanark how to do things the proper way

Hang your heads all at Moor Park

I cannot agree with this.  This would not have happened in the past you say.  Surely the guys who run the club now are the same ones who did so in the past?

Who are these football minded men that you refer to? Do they exist?  Have they tried to resuscitate the club with offers of assistance?  The guys who run our club, like most clubs, do so for the love of it.  Are there things that could be done better at Lanark? Indeed there are but until others step up to the plate then I am loathe to criticise a group of men who keep our club going 

On 9/18/2017 at 18:59, geomac100 said:

The whole club is a complete shambles and sadly have not moved forward with the times .
Sorry to hear about the poaching of players without gaining prior permission and this would not have happened in the past

The current committee should step down and allow football minded men to come on board and resuscitate the club, hear the club are in a poor way financially and recently cancelled their weekly sweep which provided much needed cash and with a committee void of ideas , they are in a poor state .

There are amateur teams being run better and I am sure Wishaw are such, always enjoyed playing Wishaw HSFP In my playing days and guys like Gus Boyle at the helm proper fitba men who know the score and could learn lanark how to do things the proper way

" could learn Lanark how to do things properly" ?? WTF does that even mean? Lanark are in the same boat as the vast majority of junior clubs financially. The OP for this thread is utter bollocks and you`re clearly just jumping on the coat-tails of it. Always enjoyed going to play there and the people at the club always make people welcome. If you`re that bothered get down there and offer your services as you seem to have a real handle on where it`s all gone wrong for them....:shutup

On 9/18/2017 at 18:59, geomac100 said:

What enjoyment do you get out of posting this utter shite? 

Some of the negative comments directed at Lanark are poorly constructed and reflect badly on the posters. 

It might just be that an inexperienced management team have made a mistake and as we are all prone to this failing people should just accept it for that  and move on .

• 2 weeks later...

"Given the fact Wishaw play in the central Scottish, the standard is pretty decent. Having played in the bottom level of junior football it's kick rush football and in my opinion don't feel Lanark is much of a step up in standard other than them having a lovely pitch."

At the risk of opening old wounds, I have to say that Scott Schoneville has done extremely well in his 3 games since joining us. His debut was against the then league leaders Carluke. He played in a tough away fixture at St Ant and was as good as anyone, once again when he took on the current league leaders.  The standard of play in all of the games, particularly both the home fixtures was high and he has more than held his own, despite not being used to playing at this level. 

8 hours ago, bc57 said:

"Given the fact Wishaw play in the central Scottish, the standard is pretty decent. Having played in the bottom level of junior football it's kick rush football and in my opinion don't feel Lanark is much of a step up in standard other than them having a lovely pitch."

At the risk of opening old wounds, I have to say that Scott Schoneville has done extremely well in his 3 games since joining us. His debut was against the then league leaders Carluke. He played in a tough away fixture at St Ant and was as good as anyone, once again when he took on the current league leaders.  The standard of play in all of the games, particularly both the home fixtures was high and he has more than held his own, despite not being used to playing at this level. 

Not surprised at this - stood out at boys club level and is one of a few Lanarkshire ex boys club teenagers who are doing well at Junior level. There are 3 in their third season at Forth plus a couple at Blantyre Vics.  In an ironic twist pretty sure Wishaw HSFP centre forward also teenager who has came back to amateur ranks after two seasons playing juniors.

Archived