Stranraer vs Arbroath

We've had a few good results but still not confident.
Angus teams are just w**k! I've never seen us play a team from there and think, aye, they were good, we deserved to lose that one.
It's always hoof ball and kick the shit out of opponent stuff.
Hopefully we can overcome this and get a win. I don't think we're the full article that some of our fans are describing us as.
Out with Raith, everyone is going to have their day and a run of good results. Nothing between most teams in the league.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mattmc said:

We've had a few good results but still not confident.
Angus teams are just w**k! I've never seen us play a team from there and think, aye, they were good, we deserved to lose that one.
Hopefully we can overcome this and get a win. I don't think we're the full article that some of our fans are describing us as.
Out with Raith, everyone is going to have their day and a run of good results. Nothing between most teams in the league.

I know what you mean Matt but there is no doubt this team is getting better every game,if Stranraer play two bad games we get the moaners saying there rubbish,so praise where praise is due.I think it's obvious Woods and Wallace play well together and add in Anderson and Agnew on the flanks all very good players for this League.The games we won this season have really been in a canter and think 3 or 4 teams might have this between them,I honestly think if we keep improving and injury free we might have a good team this Season.

13 hours ago, Mattmc said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've never seen Arbroath play a team who were good at football in my 17 odd years watching us - every team we've played have made passes over 30 yards and put in physical challenges when trying to get the ball. It disgusts me to be honest - if other teams would just stick to playing the ball 10 yards or less with every kick and give our players 5 yards of space when we have the ball we'd be top of the whole SPFL in my opinion.

Personally I find it disgraceful when football players dare kick the ball hard in one direction or attempt to get the ball by putting in a so called 'challenge' against another player. The sooner we turn it into a non contact sport the better.

Stranraer have got the smallest population apart from Methill who have a few hundred more and we have got Zilch in numbers from surrounding areas,I could get a mini bus to pick them up,just 2 or 3 yrs ago we were attracting 250-300 at home.Now we are getting crowds of 400 plus ever week and if the team keep getting better 500 will be there.Most  teams in this League are double our Population some are 4 or 5 times our size so we are doing not too bad per ratio of persons.

Methil is just part of the larger Levenmouth conurbation (incl the contiguous towns of Leven, Buckhaven but also Kennoway, Windygates and East Wemyss. The population is around 35,000 so a much bigger immediate catchment than Stranraer. By far the largest urban area in Scotland with no rail link,

21 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I was only joking about with the 150 stuff.

Not that it seems to affect you anyway, had some very good teams over the years thanks to benefac.. erm good book keeping.

Predict a good game Saturday. 3-1 Arbroath.

Bold prediction 1320.Apart from the Ayr result which was a good one this will be your hardest test away from home in your unbeaten run.The blues have been beaten 3  times at Stair pk in League 1 this calendar year namely Alloa in January who were second at the time,Livingston(1) and Ayr(1) and they were super confident when we played them and there was a single goal in each defeat so a 2 goal margin will be some result.Looked at your team last night and doesn't seem to be so different from last season,still think Scott Agnew,Paul Woods,Ryan Wallace and Grant Anderson will give you lots of trouble,but no prediction hopefully Stranraer will do the talking.

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

Bold prediction 1320.Apart from the Ayr result which was a good one this will be your hardest test away from home in your unbeaten run.The blues have been beaten 3  times at Stair pk in League 1 this calendar year namely Alloa in January who were second at the time,Livingston(1) and Ayr(1) and they were super confident when we played them and there was a single goal in each defeat so a 2 goal margin will be some result.Looked at your team last night and doesn't seem to be so different from last season,still think Scott Agnew,Paul Woods,Ryan Wallace and Grant Anderson will give you lots of trouble,but no prediction hopefully Stranraer will do the talking.

5 players started last week's game who weren't with us last season so that's completely incorrect to say our team is no different.

5 players started last week's game who weren't with us last season so that's completely incorrect to say our team is no different.

Just half ([emoji23]) the teams different then...

Hopefully the Stranraer team have a disaster as big as the ones their fans have had on this thread.

Archived