Stranraer vs Arbroath

18 games unbeaten away from home for us after crushing Forfar on Saturday. Hopefully keep that going against a Stranraer side coming off their own thumping win against Albion Rovers. Gav available again but can't see DC changing the team. Should be...

Hutton

Henry

Gold

TOB

Hamilton

Linn

Whately

Yule

McCord

Kadar

Denholm

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the Forfar v Arbroath game on the highlights,thought the Forfar defence were a bit of a joke to be honest and hopefully their in the same mood when we go to Station Pk a week on Saturday.The blues have played some great stuff recently and Arbroath will have to be very good to get something here,looking at that result against Albion Rovers at Gayfield recently baffles me,we played them off the park at Cliftonhill on Saturday.Im quite sure Dick will come for a draw at Stair pk,but if you lose an early goal,beware.

We're suited to playing away from home as less teams sit in when they're at home.

Under the Campbell's, we do go quite direct (particularly since the addition of TOB) so we tend to have most bother against teams that sit in and absorb that. Albion Rovers did that the other week and then nicked a couple of goals while our players seemed to be shellshocked with the loss of Doris. Forfar did the complete opposite on Saturday there and we must have created 4 or 5 good chances simply as a result of a ball from back to front.

Same happened with both games against Edinburgh City at Gayfield last season.

Watched the Forfar v Arbroath game on the highlights,thought the Forfar defence were a bit of a joke to be honest and hopefully their in the same mood when we go to Station Pk a week on Saturday.The blues have played some great stuff recently and Arbroath will have to be very good to get something here,looking at that result against Albion Rovers at Gayfield recently baffles me,we played them off the park at Cliftonhill on Saturday.Im quite sure Dick will come for a draw at Stair pk,but if you lose an early goal,beware.

Basically one of our players looked like he had a career threatening injury and the players heads were understandably all over the shop.

No coincidence that Doris went down in the 43rd minute and Rovers scored in the 45th and 46th minute. We looked in no real danger at all before it happened. After it happened Rovers could've scored 10.

As for the beware stuff it's Stranraer we're playing isn't it? [emoji1]

Expecting a tough game but hopefully we can continue our fine away form.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Basically one of our players looked like he had a career threatening injury and the players heads were understandably all over the shop.

No coincidence that Doris went down in the 43rd minute and Rovers scored in the 45th and 46th minute. We looked in no real danger at all before it happened. After it happened Rovers could've scored 10.

As for the beware stuff it's Stranraer we're playing isn't it? emoji1.png

Expecting a tough game but hopefully we can continue our fine away form.

Your right It is Stranraer your playing,a Stranraer side who are averaging scoring 3 every game in League 1.I meant by beware ,we have scored early in our last 5 games and ended up with 3,2,2,3,4,so as you can see our strikers aren't shot shy,would really love Arbroath to come and have a go,but can't see it imo.

Your right It is Stranraer your playing,a Stranraer side who are averaging scoring 3 every game in League 1.I meant by beware ,we have scored early in our last 5 games and ended up with 3,2,2,3,4,so as you can see our strikers aren't shot shy,would really love Arbroath to come and have a go,but can't see it imo.

Has it actually occurred to you that we've scored the same amount of goals as you in the league and conceded less?

It's actually 0,3,2,3,4. You've just somehow managed to make a game up in your head.

31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's actually 0,3,2,3,4. You've just somehow managed to make a game up in your head.

Think you'll find my figures are correct,I said our last five games didn't mention the league in my statement apart from our average goals per game,the 0 came against Raith Rovers 6 games ago,when to use a Arbroath excuse, our heads were all over the place,said our last 5 games keep up 1320.

We were brilliant on Saturday but I am not getting carried away. Yes, we have players capable of extending our run, but, particularly having seen Arbroath's away record, I'm happy to take this one game at a time. We do have a few fans who go from one extreme to the other. Saying all is now rosey just a few games after branding players as clowns. Not sure if I'll see this one but form suggests it could be a bit of a game!

As CB says we have a few fans who get carried away. A few good results we are world beaters and then a few bad and the players are rubbish. Manager to go etc etc.
Its part time fitba anything can happen. Not much between any of the teams on any given day. We were bang average a month ago. However a few positional changes from certain players has really improved things. Another good performance will do me. I wont be getting carried away.

Archived