Stranraer vs Arbroath

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Chasing shadows. Should have been 2-2 when wallace shot hit both posts. Then we decide to go into full meltdown. Could have been about 9-4 to arbroath. Defensively up there with one of the worst displays ive seen.

Tore our supposed experienced  ,But Carthorse defence apart, Time for Lang and Robertson at the back

When plan A was not working ,we did not have a plan B

Some good goals from Arbroath, they look decent.
Mental how Albion Rovers could of beaten them 4-1.
Dick Campbell looks like a bus driver.

As I said earlier in the thread, Arbroath were on top and looked in no danger at all until it looked like one of our players had got a career threatening injury, that happened on the 43rd minute, Albion scored in the 44th and 45th then could've went on to score 10 despite not doing anything before Doris went down.

Players minds and concentration understandably went.

Tore our supposed experienced  ,But Carthorse defence apart, Time for Lang and Robertson at the back
When plan A was not working ,we did not have a plan B

I'd have Robertson at right back. Hamill has had his chance. No where near his man the whole game today, Bobby Linn had the easiest game he's had in a while.
Hamill also guilty of going up the park and not bothering his fat arse to track back.
Really scunnered today after a few good results. Hopefully just one of those days when nothing goes for you and is a one off.
Joys of football.

Outfought and - more particularly - out-thought for 90 minutes by a well organised and streetwise opponent. Well done to Arbroath - it could have been more than six. As I hinted right at the start of this thread, you don’t put together an away run like that without having something about you, and so it proved! Too many on here thinking we just had to turn up for a run of the mill home game. Could go through our lengthy list of faults today, but credit to Arbroath tonight first.

A master class in passing football from the Lichties today. Dick has assembled a really strong squad. Without Doris to aim at we played some great balls to the wide men Kader and Linn. The Stranraer defence really couldn't contain Denholm who's second goal was as good a strike as I've seen from any Arbroath player. Well worth the long trip for the travelling fans. 

Archived