Dumbarton v I.C.T 23/9/17

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're starting Fôn Williams ([emoji41]) and Zschusschen ([emoji20]) today apparently.

I have never been so happy to see OFW starting since the start of last season.
Big susan is on the bench

Soul destroying.

We lose the first goal and the heads go down. We're sitting back and inviting them to attack us. Which they're doing half heartedly. We're not talking to each other. Dowie hasn't shown any leadership out there.

Caley Thistle aren't helping. They seem content to play at a pedestrian pace, secure on the knowledge that we pose absolutely no risk.

This is as insipid and dull as football gets.

Better second half as it was imposible to be any worse   than the first.TBH we shoukd have been down and out by then.ICT clearly have big problems as do falkirk.Is Froxy tied down til the end of the season because if he isnt he will be gone in January for sure.

If anyone can explain that drop ball decision I'm all ears. Tremendously awful refereeing. 
Thank the Greek gods for our Lord and Saviour, Froxy.

You can't be offside from a goal kick, can you? So the linesman flagged for it, the ref gave it, they then realised they'd made a total mess and I think just decided a drop ball would be the best option.

I could be totally wrong though.

That was a pretty decent 2nd half actually. At time the Inverness defence really couldn't cope. Surely if we have done our homework we should have known that before the game?

Ref was rotten and we need to stop giving teams a 1-0 head start!

Last point, why were the Caley fans applauding Warren off when he saw red? If that was our player and we were 2-1 down trying to get back into the game I'd be absolutely raging at them for getting sent off that way.

8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

You can't be offside from a goal kick, can you? So the linesman flagged for it, the ref gave it, they then realised they'd made a total mess and I think just decided a drop ball would be the best option.

I could be totally wrong though.

Was it definitely a goal kick? I've had a few pints and may be wrong but I'm sure it was a free kick. Either way, if the lino is flagging for offside when it can't possibly be then it's still terrible refereeing, he's given a goal kick then blown for offside. He's as bad as I've seen at this level and I felt at times he was just doing things for the wind up. 

Much better 2nd half for us but Hutton is dreadful. Wilson might be erratic but at least he's capable of doing something positive. Not convinced that Barr should play in midfield and Dowie and Hill never exactly covered themselves in glory. Wardrop and Froxy linked up very well and both won us the game. Delighted with 3 points, the team deserve credit and if we can take 1 more point from the last 2 games in this quarter that's 10 achieved. A great start all things considered. Mon ye Sons.

Thoroughly deserved three points that looked pretty unlikely in the first half

Poor opener to give away...think it was a poor pass from Hutton, and that seemed to give Caley confidence, and they were finding a lot of room in front of our defence

Second half though totally different...we looked to have purpose right from the kick off...great goal from Froxy after a good cross from Walsh

Fantastic free kick leading up to the second and fine finish from Wardrop

Clear dive from Warren leading to his second yellow, and how Vigurs didn't get a red for his outburst at the ref is beyond me

Great three points

We have been woeful at defending set pieces, particularly corners, as well as crosses to if you can whip in a decent ball from wide areas you have a great chance of scoring against us.

Utterly predictable.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Was it definitely a goal kick? I've had a few pints and may be wrong but I'm sure it was a free kick. Either way, if the lino is flagging for offside when it can't possibly be then it's still terrible refereeing, he's given a goal kick then blown for offside. He's as bad as I've seen at this level and I felt at times he was just doing things for the wind up. 

I'm not 100% sure to be honest. OFW was clattered, but I think it was by Brad McKay (not that, that would've stopped the referee giving a free-kick). At the time I didn't think he'd given a foul, but I wasn't paying enough attention to be honest.

Aye, that referee looked absolutely miles out his depth though. He made the game difficult for himself, and seemed to provoke players into reacting. Polworth was very, very lucky not to get at least a booking for his shove on Mango, and it took him a long, long time to realise that Warren had already been booked.

Archived