Dumbarton v I.C.T 23/9/17

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well perhaps the omens were there long before we kicked off. Glasgow city centre awash with Old Firm neds, the nice wee train journey to the Rock cancelled due to engineering works and roadworks bringing traffic chaos to the Erskine Bridge. Underground to the West End and an empty student pub. Uber to Dumbarton and quaffing in the Stags Head watching part time Old Firmers watching the game. And then a walk down to a ground that resembles a Sunday League setting and then watching 90 minutes of Sunday League fare. 

Was it the walk or the stadium that resembled a Sunday League setting? 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RiG said:

Some heads gone stuff from Robertson here -> http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Caley-Thistle-boss-John-Robertson-Im-prepared-to-sacrifice-myself-for-the-club-are-the-players-23092017.htm

I still can't bring myself to post anything about the game yesterday. It was sadly all too predictable.

We can now sing the Tartan Army anthem 'We're shite and we know we are'' with confidence as it's the only surety left.

4 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Need a fit carswell in there so Barr can play in CD.Also bench KH..hes been just as ST MURN fans said.

Wouldn't have Carswell near the team unless he manages to find any sort of form. Of course he hasn't been properly fit this year but fitness doesn't really change a mentality. He has been off it so much and his passing Vs Brechin and in the other matches before was truly awful. I agree we need rid of Hutton but we could do with a Grant Gallagher to play in that other role.

2 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Wouldn't have Carswell near the team unless he manages to find any sort of form. Of course he hasn't been properly fit this year but fitness doesn't really change a mentality. He has been off it so much and his passing Vs Brechin and in the other matches before was truly awful. I agree we need rid of Hutton but we could do with a Grant Gallagher to play in that other role.

Fair enough he's not been great but i believe fitness has a lot to do with it as he was excellent last year what i saw of him.I dont think he became rank over the summer.Other issues maybe at play.If GG was fit i'd have him straight in there but lets be honest i doubt we will see him for the next 6 months.

On 24/09/2017 at 00:45, lorenzo71 said:

Dont worry..almost certain to be yours in January.His mate plays for you and JR loves everything Dumbarton.

Aye true mate,Jack has fond memories of the rock,where he made a name for Ian Murray ,and didn't get the credit :whistle

Just now, Young gun said:

Aye true mate,Jack has fond memories of the rock,where he made a name for Ian Murray ,and didn't get the credit :whistle

More than one person has said that and given IM hasnt got a gig in Scotland since then  makes me think there is almost certainly some truth in it.cheers

Archived