Dumbarton v I.C.T 23/9/17

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It certainly looked like a clear penalty, but the fans were already frustrated with that joke of a ref. The worst ref I've ever seen. Nade and the number 55 could've been off for more than persistent fouling, but then again so could Vigurs.

On to the team, Robbo has absolutely no clue. We looked okay in the first half but Dumbarton were doing nothing, then when they stepped it up slightly we were lost. Chalmers was an abomination, him backing out of a tackle that was 80/20 in favour of him was utterly embarrassing. Vigurs had a bit of a mare at times and Oakley was a disaster. Robbo taking Tremarco off just confirmed we were losing for me.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

18 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Called it lads.

We were absolutely horrendous. Embarrassingly bad and relegation is a real possibility.

Thought the suave number 20 for Dumbarton was excellent by the way. I'd take him in a second.

Probably couldn't afford him - whoever he is.

Somebody should start a thread "Remembering the good old days at ICT" where we could all come on and reminisce.

The beautiful  past,  the dear and lamented past.

It certainly looked like a clear penalty, but the fans were already frustrated with that joke of a ref. The worst ref I've ever seen. Nade and the number 55 could've been off for more than persistent fouling, but then again so could Vigurs.

On to the team, Robbo has absolutely no clue. We looked okay in the first half but Dumbarton were doing nothing, then when they stepped it up slightly we were lost. Chalmers was an abomination, him backing out of a tackle that was 80/20 in favour of him was utterly embarrassing. Vigurs had a bit of a mare at times and Oakley was a disaster. Robbo taking Tremarco off just confirmed we were losing for me.

There's no way it was a pen. Our player won the ball cleanly and your man took a dive hoping for the best. Yeah I agree the ref was a bit of a joke but are you seriously saying that the 3 players mentioned should all have went for persistent fouling? If they had I would stop watching football. Only 1 red in that game and it was the correct one.

Just to say also a great 2nd half for us after being very poor in the 1st. Inverness dominated the 1st half and should have been 2 or 3 up. If my team had got beat after dominating the 1st half like that I'd be raging too. Maybe I'd start making excuses as well. You could see though how devoid of confidence Inverness are. As soon as we equalised they fell apart.

10 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Where's Sandy_Cromarty_Firth when you need him?? :)

Probably having a night out with Jemima Ville !

(To the uninitiated, Jemimaville is a village about 4 miles west of Cromarty on the Black Isle)

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Thought the suave number 20 for Dumbarton was excellent by the way. I'd take him in a second.

He's only signed until January but Gary Naysmith will probably sign him and turm him into shite.

I've already sent him flowers and chocolates in the hope he stays but I think we might need Nade and BBPF to offer a threesome before we get him to commit.

An absolute disgrace of a second half where a part time team ripped us apart and made us look like a bottom Highland League team, if that,  Vigurs and Polworth should hang their heads in feckin shame by their puerile performance today and Oakley is definately not up to snuff, he was shite and we can't afford him any more games. There were many more culprits but these three were the standouts.

For a team that only trains on  Tuesday and Thursday evenings they hustled and bustled us and many times easily beat us to the ball, their pace, game play and fitness was a credit to the  coaching staff.

Forget sendings off and fouls against us as we absolutely deserved all we got.

And yes their No 20  Foxylias was outstanding and probably won't be there after January. Wardrop is although worth a mention but overall it was team performance from Dumbfartin.

He's only signed until January but Gary Naysmith will probably sign him and turm him into shite.
I've already sent him flowers and chocolates in the hope he stays but I think we might need Nade and BBPF to offer a threesome before we get him to commit.

Absolutely more than happy to offer my services.

Even if he doesn't stay tbqhwy.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

An absolute disgrace of a second half where a part time team ripped us apart and made us look like a bottom Highland League team, if that,  Vigurs and Polworth should hang their heads in feckin shame by their puerile performance today and Oakley is definately not up to snuff, he was shite and we can't afford him any more games. There were many more culprits but these three were the standouts.

For a team that only trains on  Tuesday and Thursday evenings they hustled and bustled us and many times easily beat us to the ball, their pace, game play and fitness was a credit to the  coaching staff.

Forget sendings off and fouls against us as we absolutely deserved all we got.

And yes their No 20  Foxylias was outstanding and probably won't be there after January. Wardrop is although worth a mention but overall it was team performance from Dumbfartin.

Some faint praise there, but...

GIRFUY

I had a 30 minute delay from the bridge M8 one mile sign until I made the A82 going to the game as the better half wanted to shop at Braeheed.

As a wee btw I had never turned off before to Dumbfartin at the lights but used to carry straight on, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the garage right at the lights used to be called the Dumbuck Garage and was owned by Jackie Stewarts dad who in turn financed Jackie's early foray's into racing?

One very wet and windy december night I ran those lights at red and immediately had the blues and two's on my tail, expensive gaff for me.

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Caley Thistle aren't helping. They seem content to play at a pedestrian pace, secure on the knowledge that we pose absolutely no risk.

I don't think were easing off because we felt under no pressure; 'pedestrian' is basically all we can do, and when every team in the division gets wise to it, then we're  probably not going to take another point. We were OK for the first 25 minutes or so, and then it became clear that for all our decent-looking possession in the middle of the park, we weren't offering anything down the flanks, and George Oakley had absolutely no idea what he was doing up front. At half time I said to the people I was with that if Steve Aitken told his players to come out in the second half and take the game to us, we'd have no answer, and that's exactly as it turned out. The marking looked soft for the equaliser, and then we couldn't clear our area for the winner: standard ICT this season. Our distribution from the back, particularly from Coll Donaldson, was atrocious, and whenever we tried to build anything,  we seemed to alternate between trying to run the ball through the most congested  area of the park and being dispossessed, or punting it long to Bell or latterly Mulraney and, naturally, losing possession, because both players are fucking tiny. Awful, awful stuff. We have  a manager who was apparently approached out of the blue when he had shown no interest in the job, and a bunch of absolute ringers in the squad who no other team in the division would touch with a bargepole.  That's now the third away game this season where a home supporter has asked me post-match 'what on earth has happened to Inverness?' sounding genuinely bemused. How long have you fucking got?      

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I had a 30 minute delay from the bridge M8 one mile sign until I made the A82 going to the game as the better half wanted to shop at Braeheed.

As a wee btw I had never turned off before to Dumbfartin at the lights but used to carry straight on, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the garage right at the lights used to be called the Dumbuck Garage and was owned by Jackie Stewarts dad who in turn financed Jackie's early foray's into racing?

One very wet and windy december night I ran those lights at red and immediately had the blues and two's on my tail, expensive gaff for me.

It was indeed owned by the Stewart family.

8 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

I don't think were easing off because we felt under no pressure; 'pedestrian' is basically all we can do, and when every team in the division gets wise to it, then we're  probably not going to take another point. We were OK for the first 25 minutes or so, and then it became clear that for all our decent-looking possession in the middle of the park, we weren't offering anything down the flanks, and George Oakley had absolutely no idea what he was doing up front. At half time I said to the people I was with that if Steve Aitken told his players to come out in the second half and take the game to us, we'd have no answer, and that's exactly as it turned out. The marking looked soft for the equaliser, and then we couldn't clear our area for the winner: standard ICT this season. Our distribution from the back, particularly from Coll Donaldson, was atrocious, and whenever we tried to build anything,  we seemed to alternate between trying to run the ball through the most congested  area of the park and being dispossessed, or punting it long to Bell or latterly Mulraney and, naturally, losing possession, because both players are fucking tiny. Awful, awful stuff. We have  a manager who was apparently approached out of the blue when he had shown no interest in the job, and a bunch of absolute ringers in the squad who no other team in the division would touch with a bargepole.  That's now the third away game this season where a home supporter has asked me post-match 'what on earth has happened to Inverness?' sounding genuinely bemused. How long have you fucking got?      

Wise words.

We were woeful in the first half. Caley didn't really press for a 2nd and were content with having possession and doing nothing with it.

2nd half was totally different. When we scored it looked like it really shocked the visitors. They showed a bit more ambition but we were a match for them and did well to cope with their efforts. Really great to see Wardrop gambling that there would be a rebound from the Froxy free kick and he buried a deserved winner. Given the gulf in resources, Caley simply should never have been content at 1-0 to play well within themselves and their failure to push for a 2nd in a first half they dominated ultimately cost them something.

And the wee winger (Bell?) is a diving wee fandan.

Archived