Dumbarton v I.C.T 23/9/17

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

Just the one. A League Cup game about 10 years ago which we won 3 - 1. Clearly Dumbarton are our bitches and there can only be one outcome on Saturday...

That was never 10 years ago....was it? 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just the one. A League Cup game about 10 years ago which we won 3 - 1. Clearly Dumbarton are our bitches and there can only be one outcome on Saturday...

We've played twice. Both times in the League cup.

Eta beaten to it.

3 hours ago, bigmacDFC said:

2eecd77851ac7456d67a8808d5917b44.jpg

3 hours ago, microdave said:

We've played twice. Both times in the League cup.

Eta beaten to it.

Cheers guys. Weird one as the site I've used for past matches doesn't have that 02/03 game.

https://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-statistics/Scotland/Championship-2017-2018/head_to_head_statistics/all/1923_Dumbarton_FC/1911_Inverness_Caledonian_Thistle_FC

5 hours ago, microdave said:

I was wondering if we're the last team left for ICT to play a league match against so I had a wee look and we're not. The only other club to have been in the league the whole time ICT have and not play them is Berwick Rangers. They were relegated to division 3 in 96/97 (along with us) and missed ICT on the way up. The other four have all been admitted to the league system and not gone any higher than League one. They are Peterhead,  Elgin City, Annan Athletic and Edinburgh City. Three clubs have left the system since playing them. They are Clydebank, Gretna and East Stirlingshire. We will be the 40th club to play a league match against them since 1994.

Could've just asked me :whistle

In addition to that... Edinburgh City are the only team we've never met in any game, competitive or otherwise.

The only 3 grounds we've never played at are yours, Ed City and Annan. For league games you can add Berwick, Peterhead and Elgin.

Could've just asked me :whistle

In addition to that... Edinburgh City are the only team we've never met in any game, competitive or otherwise.

The only 3 grounds we've never played at are yours, Ed City and Annan. For league games you can add Berwick, Peterhead and Elgin.

Will you be expecting much of a support for this virgin league fixture and the special occassion of visiting The Rock for the first time?

I'm hoping big Nade breaks the hymen with a throbber of strike.

We'll light the candles and stick some Barry White on.

On 9/18/2017 at 09:54, The Moonster said:

Just watch if you're driving from Glasgow, there are roadworks on the Erskine Bridge too which is causing a bit of havoc, so I would leave in plenty of time.

Our defence has been excellent so far (barring Dunfermline humping us) but John Baird loves a goal against us. I tend to agree that a 1-1 draw looks likely, but I'm hoping we can carry the momentum from our last minute fightback at the weekend and build on it.  Given how rank ICT appear to be at the back, Nade needs to start. I just don't see anyone in that defence being able to handle him.

How long are the delays on the Erskine bridge?

For some games in the central belt I stay in the Crowne Plaza which is real easy for accessing the M8,  as I would be using the bridge tomorrow I would imagine the delays might be prolonged??

Would I be better hoteling in town and use the Great Western Road?

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

How long are the delays on the Erskine bridge?

For some games in the central belt I stay in the Crowne Plaza which is real easy for accessing the M8,  as I would be using the bridge tomorrow I would imagine the delays might be prolonged??

Would I be better hoteling in town and use the Great Western Road?

I haven't been stuck in them myself but my girlfriend works near Braehead and was stuck on the M8 for about 45 minutes before it cleared when she got this side of the bridge.  If you're staying at the Crowne Plaza you could just use the Clydeside Expressway and then join Dumbarton Road, you can get to Great Western Road that way too or just follow Dumbarton Road all the way.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I haven't been stuck in them myself but my girlfriend works near Braehead and was stuck on the M8 for about 45 minutes before it cleared when she got this side of the bridge.  If you're staying at the Crowne Plaza you could just use the Clydeside Expressway and then join Dumbarton Road, you can get to Great Western Road that way too or just follow Dumbarton Road all the way.

Okeydokey, sounds as if there could be longer delays tomorrow on the bridge sadly so I will stay round about Byers road area, maybe the Grosvenor at the top then head out the GWR which I'm more familiar with, how's the parking at the ground?

Okeydokey, sounds as if there could be longer delays tomorrow on the bridge sadly so I will stay round about Byers road area, maybe the Grosvenor at the top then head out the GWR which I'm more familiar with, how's the parking at the ground?

Plenty of parking in the ground...it costs a pound, but you get a ticket for the half time 50:50 draw for that

21 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Plenty of parking at the ground. The streets around the ground tend to fill up, but for your £1.00 50/50 ticket for the half time prize draw you also get your parking included. Bear in mind that by parking in the club car park you may be held back for 5 or 10 minutes at full time to ensure that congestion around the ground clears. Not a big deal, but previous games there has been a bit of frustration as delays weren't announced and people were unhappy at being held back.

For any fans coming down from Inverness, it might be better to leave the A9 at Stirling and to head to Dumbarton via the A811. You'll miss the Glasgow traffic and the traffic on the Erskine Bridge. The A82 will still be busier than normal once you reach Loch Lomond as local access to Dumbarton is restricted and it'll put additional traffic onto the A82 instead of the smaller local road (Renton Road).

If any Glasgow-based Caley fans are coming to the game then prepare for train disruption if you're coming by public transport. Don't know of anything planned between Dumbarton and the Erskine Bridge so it may well be quicker to go via Great Western Road through Anniesland/Knightswood and past Drumchapel/Clydebank.

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Plenty of parking at the ground. The streets around the ground tend to fill up, but for your £1.00 50/50 ticket for the half time prize draw you also get your parking included. Bear in mind that by parking in the club car park you may be held back for 5 or 10 minutes at full time to ensure that congestion around the ground clears. Not a big deal, but previous games there has been a bit of frustration as delays weren't announced and people were unhappy at being held back.

Never heard anything more about the guy that, after being held back at a recent game, was contacting his lawyer on the Monday about being illegally detained or summat.

I take it the guy's lawyer told to him to bolt and stop being a p***k.

Got a bad feeling about this one folks.There is some expectation that we can geta good result as ICT are not playing well.Think it will backfire.ICT still have good players and this may be their game...3 nil ICT.

Sincerely hope im wrong and end up humiliated.

13 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Never heard anything more about the guy that, after being held back at a recent game, was contacting his lawyer on the Monday about being illegally detained or summat.

I take it the guy's lawyer told to him to bolt and stop being a p***k.

Or maybe he's just stopped coming, like quite a number of other folk  ;)

Or maybe he's just stopped coming, like quite a number of other folk  [emoji6]

Because he had to wait five minutes to allow fans on foot to clear? Must have a pretty low tolerance threshold. Maybe he goes to his anger management course on a Saturday afternoon now

Archived