• Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Scott Gallacher

Sam Wardrop Craig Barr Dougie Hill Chris McLaughlin

Kyle Hutton David Wilson

Dimitris Froxylias Mark Stewart Tom Walsh

Christian Nadé

I've changed that to what I think Stevie will play. Only other thing I think he might do is persist with Morrison up top.

36 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Never Mind the U'17's - The Old Boys are back in feckin business. Where can we share a pint before we get the flares out and chant obscenities at you ? What about our fave - Youre going to get yer feckin heads kicked in ?

bear1.gif

Ah, so that's why this Cromarty character has a bit of an edge. I'm guessing he just scrapes in under the upper age limit?

Interested to see how a Stevie Aitken team plays. I know very little about a lot of the Championship teams and their players but I found myself becoming very endeared towards the idea of Aitken taking charge of ICT before we eventually plumped for Robertson. I think a Sons fan on here posted a (link to a) blog which talked up what he had done for them and it all sounded enormously positive.  Really disappointed we never made a move for the guy. Obviously not saying he would have come to Inverness of course but I would liked to have seen what he could do instead of continuing to go back as seems to be a trait of Caley Thistle.

41 minutes ago, RiG said:

Interested to see how a Stevie Aitken team plays. I know very little about a lot of the Championship teams and their players but I found myself becoming very endeared towards the idea of Aitken taking charge of ICT before we eventually plumped for Robertson. I think a Sons fan on here posted a (link to a) blog which talked up what he had done for them and it all sounded enormously positive.  Really disappointed we never made a move for the guy. Obviously not saying he would have come to Inverness of course but I would liked to have seen what he could do instead of continuing to go back as seems to be a trait of Caley Thistle.

I suspect he'd be off before you could say #StevieAitkenTacticalGenius if he was offered it.

I late him, and I rate him, but he's not universally rated by our support, and he can drive me up the absolute wall with his 'must not lose' tactics.

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Never Mind the U'17's - The Old Boys are back in feckin business. Where can we share a pint before we get the flares out and chant obscenities at you ? What about our fave - Youre going to get yer feckin heads kicked in ?

bear1.gif

47JL6.gif

12 hours ago, RiG said:

I wouldn't be expecting anything brilliant, he's kept us in this league with a mixture of motivation, hard work and a smattering of quality rather than any genius tactics or top level players.  We'll be compact and play very directly. We do tend to enjoy beating the newly relegated side at home though, Hibs, St Mirren and Dundee United have all been gubbed in the last few years, Hearts and Rangers I think have been the only two relegated teams we didn't beat at home (I could be wrong there).

Stevie would have bitten your hand off for the Inverness job in the summer, of that I have no doubt.

I wouldn't be expecting anything brilliant, he's kept us in this league with a mixture of motivation, hard work and a smattering of quality rather than any genius tactics or top level players.  We'll be compact and play very directly. We do tend to enjoy beating the newly relegated side at home though, Hibs, St Mirren and Dundee United have all been gubbed in the last few years, Hearts and Rangers I think have been the only two relegated teams we didn't beat at home (I could be wrong there).
Stevie would have bitten your hand off for the Inverness job in the summer, of that I have no doubt.

Rangers weren't relegated. Can't see us coming away with a win from this. We are utter shite.

We didn't manage to beat Dunfermline and Dundee back in the mists of time when we were new here!

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

We didn't manage to beat Dunfermline and Dundee back in the mists of time when we were new here!

Ah, yes, Dundee. They were the only team we didn't beat that year I'm sure? We beat Dunfermline away though, did we not (4-3 game)? Or was that the following season after their relegation?

Ah, yes, Dundee. They were the only team we didn't beat that year I'm sure? We beat Dunfermline away though, did we not (4-3 game)? Or was that the following season after their relegation?

I think Dunfermline had back to back relegations so you're right. I should've remembered that we beat everyone in our first season here. Although we didn't beat Hibs until their second season but we always took points off them in their three seasons.

I was wondering if we're the last team left for ICT to play a league match against so I had a wee look and we're not. The only other club to have been in the league the whole time ICT have and not play them is Berwick Rangers. They were relegated to division 3 in 96/97 (along with us) and missed ICT on the way up. The other four have all been admitted to the league system and not gone any higher than League one. They are Peterhead,  Elgin City, Annan Athletic and Edinburgh City. Three clubs have left the system since playing them. They are Clydebank, Gretna and East Stirlingshire. We will be the 40th club to play a league match against them since 1994.

I was wondering if we're the last team left for ICT to play a league match against so I had a wee look and we're not. The only other club to have been in the league the whole time ICT have and not play them is Berwick Rangers. They were relegated to division 3 in 96/97 (along with us) and missed ICT on the way up. The other four have all been admitted to the league system and not gone any higher than League one. They are Peterhead,  Elgin City, Annan Athletic and Edinburgh City. Three clubs have left the system since playing them. They are Clydebank, Gretna and East Stirlingshire. We will be the 40th club to play a league match against them since 1994.

How many competitve fixtures have we had against ICT?

I've never seen us play them although I do vaguely remember a fairly recent cup tie up in Inverness that I never attended. I think it may have been midweek but I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

How many competitve fixtures have we had against ICT?

I've never seen us play them although I do vaguely remember a fairly recent cup tie up in Inverness that I never attended. I think it may have been midweek but I could be wrong.

Just the one. A League Cup game about 10 years ago which we won 3 - 1. Clearly Dumbarton are our bitches and there can only be one outcome on Saturday...

Archived