Dumbarton v I.C.T 23/9/17

First meeting between the two sides on League business as far as I'm aware.

The Sons are 3 games unbeaten whilst Caley Thistle were turned over by Livi in their latest match.

Dimitris Froxylias has given our play a real boost since arriving & hopefully it'll continue this Saturday.

Hoping a few ICT fans will make the journey to The Rock?

2-2 draw.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a shitter that there are engineering works on the railway between Glasgow and Dumbarton. Looks like a taxi from Glasgow for us central belt based supporters. No "UI17" / Young Team as about 30 of them have been banned from games / travelling so I suspect it will be a fairly muted support for many reasons. We are simply garbage. Our defence is just woeful and Dumbarton will surely get at least one goal on Saturday. Given how insipid we are up front I can't see us recording a victory and a score draw is the most likely result.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Bit of a shitter that there are engineering works on the railway between Glasgow and Dumbarton. Looks like a taxi from Glasgow for us centre belt based supporters. No "UI17" / Young Team as about 30 of them have been banned from games / travelling so I suspect it will be a fairly muted support for many reasons. We are simply garbage. Our defence is just woeful and Dumbarton will surely get at least one goal on Saturday. Given how insipid we are up front I can't see us recording a victory and a score draw is the most likely result.

Just watch if you're driving from Glasgow, there are roadworks on the Erskine Bridge too which is causing a bit of havoc, so I would leave in plenty of time.

Our defence has been excellent so far (barring Dunfermline humping us) but John Baird loves a goal against us. I tend to agree that a 1-1 draw looks likely, but I'm hoping we can carry the momentum from our last minute fightback at the weekend and build on it.  Given how rank ICT appear to be at the back, Nade needs to start. I just don't see anyone in that defence being able to handle him.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Just watch if you're driving from Glasgow, there are roadworks on the Erskine Bridge too which is causing a bit of havoc, so I would leave in plenty of time.

Our defence has been excellent so far (barring Dunfermline humping us) but John Baird loves a goal against us. I tend to agree that a 1-1 draw looks likely, but I'm hoping we can carry the momentum from our last minute fightback at the weekend and build on it.  Given how rank ICT appear to be at the back, Nade needs to start. I just don't see anyone in that defence being able to handle him.

Given some of his Martin Bavidge-esque levels of finishing to date I find it hard to believe that Baird loves a goal. Hitting straight at the keeper would be more accurate. 

We have been woeful at defending set pieces, particularly corners, as well as crosses to if you can whip in a decent ball from wide areas you have a great chance of scoring against us.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Given some of his Martin Bavidge-esque levels of finishing to date I find it hard to believe that Baird loves a goal. Hitting straight at the keeper would be more accurate. 

We have been woeful at defending set pieces, particularly corners, as well as crosses to if you can whip in a decent ball from wide areas you have a great chance of scoring against us.

You're doing a good job of building my confidence here.  I don't like it.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Boghead was flattened and we moved to The Rock. It's called the Your Radio 103FM stadium now but I haven't heard anyone call it anything other than The Rock since it was built.

That's some title, I think I would have preferred NEW BOGHEED which is far more keeping with tradition.

This 'SandyCromarty' is a bit of an odd one, eh?

Anyway, we absolutely need to be targeting all three points here and, once again, I don't give a flying focus how we get them. Hutton will come in for Carswell with him now away for an op' on his hooter, which isn't ideal, although, to his defence (silly grab at a Brechin players head when we were counter-attacking aside) he actually did well when he came on.

The Prince absolutely needs to start. Him up against Coll Donaldson/Brad McKay/Matthew Elsdon has the potential to be quite comical. As too does the prospect of either Froxy or Ally Roy against Joe Chalmers. I'd like Roy to get a start for this one, he's a darned better option than David Smith out there, and it leaves Froxy free to play in the No.10 role where he's at his best.

If I was Stevie I reckon I'd go for something like this:

Scott Gallacher

Sam Wardrop Craig Barr Dougie Hill Chris McLaughlin

Kyle Hutton David Wilson

Ally Roy Dimitris Froxylias Mark Stewart

Christian Nadé

'Mark Stewart on the wing' I hear you all say. Tom Walsh, despite clearly having oodles of talent, has done the square route of sod-all since returning, and that was the same again on Saturday. I'm by no means won over by Stewart yet, but he looked a different player after his goal (yes, I know, it was only for eight minutes or so, but still) and I reckon him interchanging with the rest of the attacking three (all of whom can play across that group) could cause a few issues. His goal was also an instinctive finish, and that's nobody else in the current squad could do imo.

Of course we could also start Roy there and hand the SeaGal a start on the right, but he seems to only really make an impact off the bench. Chris Johnston would be worth a punt too if Stevie was looking for a more Walsh-like natural winger, but he seems to have gone missing, and I suspect he'll be quietly papped off on loan to Stranraer or something soon enough.

Everything I've said there is a waste of characters though. Stevie will start with Walsh, and we just have to hope he's in the mood he was in at Tannadice, and not the one he's been in for most of our competitive home games so far.

Archived