East Fife v Forfar Athletic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 19:57, Wee Sandy said:

Hope Kev Smith is back for you, great favourite in his Raith days.

3 points for The Fife here.

We played Forfar at Stark's and they were off the pace.

Never know with a new management team coming in mind, but still fancy East Fife to take full points in this one.

Telt ye!!

Our best and most complete team performance of the season. No failures. today a much better shape to the team and much more compact in the middle of the park. Wilkies absence allowed Docherty to pull all the strings in the middle of the park, and he was my man of the match with Flanagan a  close second. Flannigan tormented Forfar all day with his close controll and trickery,and Forfars only answer was to put in some terrible high tackles. We looked good in the first half with some good football. Forfar looked poor and disorganised at the back and they paid the price when 3 defenders were caught ball watching when Duggan nipped in between them to smash the ball high into the net. Forfar then had their best attacking spell of the 90 minutes when they were unfortunate with a shot that hit the bar, then a great save by Hurst denied them. East Fife then dominated for the rest of the first half and it was no surprise  we added to our lead after a great sweeping move  resulted in a penalty. Docherty sending the keeper the wrong way. The second half was going to be a case of how many after the sending off for the guys umpteenth foul on Flannigan. I can't recall Forfar having a shot on goals in the 2nd half. Our third came from the spot after a handball in the box Docherty smashing it home to give the keeper no chance. We then brought on some of our young fringe players for some game time and took the foot right of the gas the last 25 minutes. From a Forfar perspective a new man in the dug out required quickly as they looked slow and 2 nd to every ball, there heads dropped after the 2 nd goal and a guy with new ideas and positivity is needed to lift the whole team. I think we have stumbled across a formation that we have been missing in the middle of the park and I can't see no reason for the manager to change anything next week even if Wilkie Willis or Lamont are available.

Our best and most complete team performance of the season. No failures. today a much better shape to the team and much more compact in the middle of the park. Wilkies absence allowed Docherty to pull all the strings in the middle of the park, and he was my man of the match with Flanagan a  close second. Flannigan tormented Forfar all day with his close controll and trickery,and Forfars only answer was to put in some terrible high tackles. We looked good in the first half with some good football. Forfar looked poor and disorganised at the back and they paid the price when 3 defenders were caught ball watching when Duggan nipped in between them to smash the ball high into the net. Forfar then had their best attacking spell of the 90 minutes when they were unfortunate with a shot that hit the bar, then a great save by Hurst denied them. East Fife then dominated for the rest of the first half and it was no surprise  we added to our lead after a great sweeping move  resulted in a penalty. Docherty sending the keeper the wrong way. The second half was going to be a case of how many after the sending off for the guys umpteenth foul on Flannigan. I can't recall Forfar having a shot on goals in the 2nd half. Our third came from the spot after a handball in the box Docherty smashing it home to give the keeper no chance. We then brought on some of our young fringe players for some game time and took the foot right of the gas the last 25 minutes. From a Forfar perspective a new man in the dug out required quickly as they looked slow and 2 nd to every ball, there heads dropped after the 2 nd goal and a guy with new ideas and positivity is needed to lift the whole team. I think we have stumbled across a formation that we have been missing in the middle of the park and I can't see no reason for the manager to change anything next week even if Wilkie Willis or Lamont are available.

Wouldn't disagree with most of that (apart for the sending off - replace umpteenth with second and you're spot on)
Well beaten by a better team today. Second to every ball. Our midfield is looking less effective every week. Easton needs to be played. His match sharpness will only improve with game time.
Good to see Coxy up top in the first half. But the whole Mensing/Travis situation is strange. Travis has to start.
A ball over the top to see the central striker outpacing the 2 centre halves again and conceding 2 penalties for a second consecutive game is incredible.
Tough viewing for the fairly decent Forfar support today.

That's more like it!

Great performance today. It looks like we've found the shape that suits us best. Millar and Docherty in the middle of the park were fantastic, they hounded and harried the Forfar midfield all afternoon. Flannigan had his best game for us as well. 

At 2-0 I thought it was probably a bit harsh on Forfar. They could easily have nicked an equaliser before our second and had a good chance right before our goal. After that it was all East Fife and never really in doubt.

The attitude of some of the Forfar players was horrendous. Malone and Lister seemed to lose it at the end and were only interested in kicking, pushing and complaining. Tough job for whoever comes in by the looks of things.

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why did Mensing get subbed?

Imagine having Travis on the bench for that big imposter. emoji1.png

Don't worry Dick, I'm sure the new manager will bring his own players in. You boys will probably try to sign them both at the end of the season.

Archived