East Fife v Forfar Athletic

7 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Genuinely think we might be down already

You could be right. The table shows we have scored the least number of goals 4  and conceded the most 19. 

Giving Balmer 2 games in charge is waving goodbye to 6 points.

First pick on team sheet. Eddie Malone! But let's play him wide left mid - field. His lack of pace and skill was there for all to see.

Second Pick. Of all the new guys he picks Patrick Cregg. He is worse than being a man short. His best position is unused sub.

Third Pick. Simon Mensing. Was Balmer really surprised that he might be done for pace. To hook him after 32 mins was a waste of a sub and a humiliation he did not deserve.

Fourth Pick. Michael Kennedy. Brave choice given Quigley was available. We all hoped he would do well but he had a mare. He should have been hooked at half time as his sending off on 50 mins ended any hopes we might have had.

David  Cox. On current form does not deserve his place. Looks unfit and overweight..

Jim Lister. Fans favourite but no goals to date.

Let's go with McCallum. Bain. Travis. Whyte. Quigley. Scott. Millar. Easton. McBride. See. Peters.   and at least have some skill and pace.

IMO.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, victormeldrew said:

You could be right. The table shows we have scored the least number of goals 4  and conceded the most 19. 

First pick on team sheet. Eddie Malone! But let's play him wide left mid - field. His lack of pace and skill was there for all to see.

Second Pick. Of all the new guys he picks Patrick Cregg. He is worse than being a man short. His best position is unused sub.

Third Pick. Simon Mensing. Was Balmer really surprised that he might be done for pace. To hook him after 32 mins was a waste of a sub and a humiliation he did not deserve.

Fourth Pick. Michael Kennedy. Brave choice given Quigley was available. We all hoped he would do well but he had a mare. He should have been hooked at half time as his sending off on 50 mins ended any hopes we might have had.

David  Cox. On current form does not deserve his place. Looks unfit and overweight..

Let's go with McCallum. Bain. Travis. Whyte. Quigley. Scott. Millar. Easton. McBride. See. Peters.   and at least have some skill and pace.

IMO.

I don't think you're far wrong with the team, but it's hard to blame Lister for lack of goals.  There has been pretty much no service to any of our forwards this season.

IMO.

Interesting choices. Some players you've kept don't seem to be getting as hard a time as the others you've dropped.

I know we have to pick 11 but....
Bain still to hit the form of the first half of last season, Whyte in his first 45 was caught flat (with Mensing) for the first goal, dived in for the penalty for the second and I think, had a fresh air swing that allowed another 1v1 chance almost resulting in a third. Millar hasn't kicked a ball since the Raith game (and must be due a suspension soon already). Marc Scott was back to last season's form on Saturday and McBride makes it into your team somehow and I think it's only because it's been so long since he played, you've actually forgotten how little impact he's had. See v Lister v Peters is a toss up.

Apart from that, totally agree about Malone at left mid and Cregg appears to be another Hodge (lots of running about without the ball but can't do anything when he gets it)

Fwiw, i think Bollan has left us a short of a decent wide player in the squad and on reflection, on Saturday, when I saw Malone out there I immediately thought about putting Kennedy at left mid in front of Quigley at left back.

Forfar Athletic Thread for this pish!!!

What....discussing some players' performances in the game v East Fife on Saturday is not allowed on a Monday night on the East Fife v Forfar thread?? Who made you the fucking thread police?

Thank you.

What....discussing some players' performances in the game v East Fife on Saturday is not allowed on a Monday night on the East Fife v Forfar thread?? Who made you the fucking thread police?

Thank you.

Thread Police aren't made, they're born!!![emoji23]
But you aren't discussing the game you are wittering in about the possible future (or lack of) of your Club, which is of absolutely no interest to at least half the readers of this thread!!!
Again... You're welcome!!!

15 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Thread Police aren't made, they're born!!!emoji23.png
But you aren't discussing the game you are wittering in about the possible future (or lack of) of your Club, which is of absolutely no interest to at least half the readers of this thread!!!

Wha shat in your kettle? 

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Thread Police aren't made, they're born!!!emoji23.png

nah...you've tried to make a funny by using one of P&B's tried and tested lines but in all honesty, you've gone off a bit prematurely (and I'm guessing that's not the first time you've suffered from that issue).

On 25/09/2017 at 21:50, dee_62 said:

Interesting choices. Some players you've kept don't seem to be getting as hard a time as the others you've dropped.

I know we have to pick 11 but....
Bain still to hit the form of the first half of last season, Whyte in his first 45 was caught flat (with Mensing) for the first goal, dived in for the penalty for the second and I think, had a fresh air swing that allowed another 1v1 chance almost resulting in a third. Millar hasn't kicked a ball since the Raith game (and must be due a suspension soon already). Marc Scott was back to last season's form on Saturday and McBride makes it into your team somehow and I think it's only because it's been so long since he played, you've actually forgotten how little impact he's had. See v Lister v Peters is a toss up.

Apart from that, totally agree about Malone at left mid and Cregg appears to be another Hodge (lots of running about without the ball but can't do anything when he gets it)

Fwiw, i think Bollan has left us a short of a decent wide player in the squad and on reflection, on Saturday, when I saw Malone out there I immediately thought about putting Kennedy at left mid in front of Quigley at left back.

At the risk of upsetting our good friend KING KEBAB (with extra sauce) a couple of points .

Good quality video in particular the close ups and slo mo`s. The Commentator was a bit harsh blaming No3 Kennedy for the 1st pen when he was about 15 yds away. It was No5 Whyte wot did it.

I feel we have to get some pace into the side and some skill. Easton and McBride were highly thought of at their previous clubs and deserve a run. See and Peters would give us some pace.

We have to make changes as 3 points from 7 Games is relegation form.

Archived