FreeSports

I see there is a new free sports channel.  However I can't seem to pick it up.  I quite fancied seeing what it was like this evening and saw them had a Porto game one.  I have a BT Youview box and despite retuning I can't see the channel.  I've gone to the inbuilt Freeview on my TV and retuned that as well but when I look for the channel, which should be 95 from what I've read its not there.

Anyone else had any issues picking up this new channel?  I live in Aberdeen so maybe its an local issue.

My TV doesn't have Freeview HD, so I can't get it.

Freeview/YouView Reception notes:
*Freeview coverage is limited to around 3/4 of the UK. To receive the channel on Freeview, you need  a device that is compatible with Freeview HD or Freeview Play and be able to receive channels such as "QVC HD/QVC Beauty HD" on Freeview 111/112 or "More4+1" on channel 86. If you can't, you won't be able to see FreeSports.

**YouView is the platform that BT TV, TalkTalk TV and Plusnet TV are based on. The platform piggybacks on the Freeview signal, so the Freeview coverage restrictions apply: Freeview coverage is limited to around 3/4 of the UK. To receive the channel on Freeview, you need to be able to receive channels such as "QVC HD/QVC Beauty HD" on Freeview 111/112 or "More4+1" on channel 86. If you can't, you won't be able to see FreeSports.

8 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I see there is a new free sports channel.  However I can't seem to pick it up.  I quite fancied seeing what it was like this evening and saw them had a Porto game one.  I have a BT Youview box and despite retuning I can't see the channel.  I've gone to the inbuilt Freeview on my TV and retuned that as well but when I look for the channel, which should be 95 from what I've read its not there.

Anyone else had any issues picking up this new channel?  I live in Aberdeen so maybe its an local issue.

Can you get all channels and radio stations on Freeview? In my area we get none of the commercial radio stations and are missing a large amount of channels - all we get here are the BBC ones, the ITV ones and the Ch4/5 ones, pretty much, Film 4 and Dave too. I understand that FreeSports is broadcasted alongside the HD Freeview ones (even though it is anything but HD - I can get it through my Sky dish) and therefore unless you're picking up HD Freeview channels through your inbuilt freeview tuner, you won't get it. I think...

As far as I know, more remote parts of Scotland get screwed because we have to take a relay signal from another tv mast which means what gets picked up is limited - I'm in Argyll and a signal from Ayrshire gets beamed across the Clyde to Tarbert where a secondary mast then beams out to us. If you're in a similar situation your Freeview offerings will be limited I'd have thought.

13 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

My TV doesn't have Freeview HD, so I can't get it.

I have the likes of BBC One and Channel 4 in HD.  However I don't have QVC HD channels, I didn't know they even existed until now!  I'm wondering then if it is an issue with my aerial.  The person who owned the flat before me had a signal booster installed.  If I don't have that switched on then I don't get any Freeview channels.  A friend who lives 5 minutes away from me gets the FreeSport channel no problem.  

6 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I have the likes of BBC One and Channel 4 in HD.  However I don't have QVC HD channels, I didn't know they even existed until now!  I'm wondering then if it is an issue with my aerial.  The person who owned the flat before me had a signal booster installed.  If I don't have that switched on then I don't get any Freeview channels.  A friend who lives 5 minutes away from me gets the FreeSport channel no problem.  

This will tell you more...

https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-at-your-address#uTDIAhMpC9Yi8dRi.97

Archived