Motherwell v Aberdeen - League Cup Quarter Final

rambunctious

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great first half from us. Didn't give Aberdeen a minute and won every second ball. It's all a bit kick and rush but an entertaining game nonetheless.

No way this is over though. Rooney will score his regular penalty against us in the second half so we need at least one more If we want to qualify.

What has happened to GMS though!? An absolute shell of a player compared to his Utd days!

4 minutes ago, dezz said:

Great first half from us. Didn't give Aberdeen a minute and won every second ball. It's all a bit kick and rush but an entertaining game nonetheless.

No way this is over though. Rooney will score his regular penalty against us in the second half so we need at least one more If we want to qualify.

What has happened to GMS though!? An absolute shell of a player compared to his Utd days!

Kenny McLean's the one for me.  I don't see Aberdeen very often, but every time I have in the last year, he's stunk up the joint.  Pretty much since his Scotland call ups.

GMS getting hooked now reminds me when Izaguirre  got hooked after 25 minutes last season at Fir Park, both due to how well Cadden was playing [emoji38]

Probably the worst performance I have seen in a Celtic shirt since Du Wei. Another 5 minutes and he was getting sent off. Some game it was in the end though.

3 minutes ago, Ereshkigal said:

We've conceded the fewest shots on target in the league which is the weird thing. When we concede shots they are good chances. We don't seem to let or the teams we've played so far are less willing to shoot from distance. 

Didn't know that. Interesting. Certainly seems to point at the goalie being the weak link, then.

Although I would still guess that it isn't as simple as being able to say that letting in a higher proportion of shots makes you a poorer keeper. It's just not evidence that you're the best one.

Archived