Brechin vs Pars - Return of the Hedge

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the taking chances . In this league you have too or thats it. The Pars had me purring at times with some of their movement and play.  We did well and if we'd been a bit luckier in front of goal who knows ?  Anything from this game would be a bonus and it's really the games against the lesser teams in this league , if there is any, that we should be targeting points from . Final word ....what a fantastic support Dunfermline have . They turned out in numbers today and the ones beside us were good crack. From what i've seen so far you lads will be there or thereabouts  at the business end of the season . Well done on the win today and you are all welcome back to the Glebe anytime.

If Brechin can play like that consistently they will pick up points regularly. Murdoch was probably the busiest he has been for a while. As usual a great day out although I thought the hedge was looking in need of a trim. Thanks as always to the ladies in the catering hut.

So do you think we have decent enough players but just not being given played right ??
We re not even a quarter in but 2 points is a poor return for some of our displays.
It's harsh on Dods it's obvious we re a striker and a big midfielder short but it's been made clear we re not getting them .
Yesterday at times Sinclair , Graham and Dale won the ball in a crowded midfield had no out ball and lost it straight away .But I did nt think any of them had a poor game .I think it's just down to stronger fitter opposition.
Orsi s doing well enough , Connor Macs doing fine .
Only player I feels been poor is Ally Love he gets on the park and criticises everyone yet does nothing himself .
The League Cup , Buckie QOS and Caley games we were honking but in the other ones we ve held our own . Just silly individual mistakes .
All we asks a bit effort and I think we re getting that.
Only gripe with Dods yesterday I thought he made wrong substitutions !! Sinclair was knackered but he left him on . O Neill had played well enough yet he got hooked and Connor Mac s a big able lad was causing some problems got hooked for Ally Love .

Going by that performance I think Dunfermline are deservedly league leaders.  They were just too strong all over the park . They weathered our early onslaught and gradually took control . I thought we might have got going down the hill in the second half but Pars just upped a gear and dominated everything. We did have a few moments though and forced the keeper to make a few saves but we were no real match in quality. 

As was said the banter was good especially in the City Club after the match with quite a few Pars fans staying behind to take advantage of the hospitality.  There was  a wee sing song session at one point  which even got one of the committee joining in.  Great fun and what football should be all about.  Cheers lads . Look forward to the next one. 8)

Also good to hear the opposition manager compliment Brechin on their attitude and workrate.  Seems like a genuinely nice person .................  Unlike Houston  who has a problem . 

Time for Dodds to go a f - - - ing clueless manager devoid of tactics and ideas.Leaking goals left,right and centre struggling to score goals going to be a long season.

That's harsh on Dods tbf. I'm not sure if the substitutions could have been better but I thought Brechin were set up well today, they got off to a good start and put us under pressure quickly, it took us about 15 minutes to get settled down and considering we've scored after 2, 5 (twice), 9, 10 11 and 14 minutes in league games already this season, that's promising for you guys to have kept us out until nearly half an hour in.

Also good to hear the opposition manager compliment Brechin on their attitude and workrate.  Seems like a genuinely nice person .................  Unlike Houston  who has a problem . 

And he's right to have acknowledged it. I said it after the game, Brechin will win a few points by just fighting more than the opposition. Without sounding patronising, there obviously isn't going to be as much quality in your squad due to budget (not that I know what it is tbf) and part-time status, it'll be a hard season but if you play like you did yesterday, you'll overcome teams by simply working harder and putting them under pressure. Particularly in the first 25 minutes yesterday, Brechin's closing down and overall shape was pretty impressive. Dods has to take credit for that.

Firstly  Diehard is a troll so his comments are not reflective of our  general support.

Secondly I think you are spot on with the workrate of the team.  A wee bit more luck in the earlier part yesterday and we might just have unsettled the Pars a wee bit.......possibly not enough to win it as I think the overall quality would have won through in the end. 

We are quietly optimistic that we will start to pick up points soon . 

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Firstly  Diehard is a troll so his comments are not reflective of our  general support.

Secondly I think you are spot on with the workrate of the team.  A wee bit more luck in the earlier part yesterday and we might just have unsettled the Pars a wee bit.......possibly not enough to win it as I think the overall quality would have won through in the end. 

We are quietly optimistic that we will start to pick up points soon . 

We (the mafia) are deluded if you think we will pick up points soon and I think the general support is fed up with Dodds and his stupid tactics this season and that's going by the moans and groans of yesterdays crowd.

44 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

We (the mafia) are deluded if you think we will pick up points soon and I think the general support is fed up with Dodds and his stupid tactics this season and that's going by the moans and groans of yesterdays crowd.

You are getting a bit tedious now Mr C. 

I don't think Billy or Davie were anywhere near Brechin yesterday tbh.

8 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Time for Dodds to go a f - - - ing clueless manager devoid of tactics and ideas.Leaking goals left,right and centre struggling to score goals going to be a long season.

Time for you to go and take your red cap with you . 

Archived