Brechin vs Pars - Return of the Hedge

The 1-1 match mid Feb/March when Potter was in charge was the coldest I've ever been at a game. Apart from Josh's early opener, we were completely hopeless, lumping aimless balls for Barrowman to occasionally flick on for...nobody.
My hands only defrosted in the car home around Portlethan.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

The 1-1 match mid Feb/March when Potter was in charge was the coldest I've ever been at a game. Apart from Josh's early opener, we were completely hopeless, lumping aimless balls for Barrowman to occasionally flick on for...nobody.

I went to a midweek game at Brechin one January.  Sat in the stand.  I was living in Edinburgh at the time and I distinctly remember driving along Queensferry Road was the first time I felt my feet on the journey back.  Funking Baltic.

3 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

First time I mind of playing Pars was when John Watson n Co romped the old 1st Division @ 84 /85 what a side they were..We were decent in those days as well ..

I was thinking of the Pars teams from late 80s on Saturday and wondering how they's cope with this current side. The fitness and speed is on a different level now and the quality of play was almost surreal at times on Saturday, with St Mirren chasing shadows of our boys taking the ball off them with ease. Then you look at some of the individual players from that era and think they'd have no bother fitting in to the current side.

Think that was my first time at Brechin. Was just walking through the turnstile when I heard Falky's goal being announced. The other 89 minutes were fucking horrific, in terms of quality it was probably the worst football game I have ever seen.

It's a huge opportunity to cement our place at the top, given the teams below us will be taking points off each other. St Mirren got a hard time for some of their defending on Saturday but Pars were really impressive. Obviously the attack has been getting the credit but the defenders and defensive midfielders look so fit and so well-drilled. 

An early goal seems to be the aim in each match, I think we've scored within 20 minutes in all but the first game at Livingston, and in each of those games we've gone on to control the game and look pretty comfortable.

24 minutes ago, smpar said:

An early goal seems to be the aim in each match, I think we've scored within 20 minutes in all but the first game at Livingston, and in each of those games we've gone on to control the game and look pretty comfortable.

Apart from when Morton came back to pump us after us leading 2-0. But generally yes, if we score early we normally coast it.

Archived